Weatherby Mark V Action Quality Ranking

Here is my 300 Jazz built on a Wby action. It's stupid accurate at 1K if I do my part.

Attachments

• IMG_0524.jpg
    IMG_0524.jpg
    145.1 KB · Views: 135
morning, I have build 3 rifles on the wbee action. why because of the wbee action.

I built a 257WB, 7mmWB and 340WB on the wbee action. I bought the actions and the

had the barrels removed. I put hart barrels on the actions. my smithy in Hempstead,

tx. did the custom work on the actions and barrels. all r the 9 lug. I

have to many custom rifles built on the rem. 721 and 700 actions. I

have no complains about many of the builds. I have 2 Winchester actions

on custom builds. I have given several of my builds to family members.

The choice of actions is about the usage of the custom build. what a person

wants? if u r going to build a custom rifle. len the owner of this site builds

some outstanding rifles for whatever usage. if I was to start all over in the

sport I love. I would purchase 3 custom rifles, 2 custom shotguns.

1 for big game, 2 for varmit, 1 semi shotgun and 1 O/U.

THK. U lightbulb:)gun)

Unfortunately you can't believe most of what you read on the net about accuracy from posters who's identity isn't even really known.

Have you tried any Weatherby factory ammo in it to see how well it does or doesn't shoot?

When you bought it, did it not come with a target shot with your rifle from the factory to show it's accuracy?

from what i understand weatherby only manufactures ammunition for their own calibers. ive never seen weatherby .338LM ammunition.

i did not receive a target with the rifle .

Thinking of changing the trigger too! This is my modified Weatherby MARK V:

SiUGkkgl.jpg

What barrel contour are you running on that baby. I just purchased the same stock for mine, and I´m looking for a new barrel. Still not sure on the caliber, but exploring options. Right now it is a .300 wby so any magnum, WSM, SAUM or similar is a viable option. Rich´s 6.5 SS is really tempting me, a .300 RUM and 28 Nosler are also strong contenders.

Last edited:
from what i understand weatherby only manufactures ammunition for their own calibers. ive never seen weatherby .338LM ammunition.

i did not receive a target with the rifle .
Hmm, I didn't realize that. I thought they made ammo for everything they put out. At the price of WBY ammo that may be a good thing though.

Hmm, I didn't realize that. I thought they made ammo for everything they put out. At the price of WBY ammo that may be a good thing though.

ya, it is a bit expensive. i have a 300 wb mag that is an older mark and very nice. under 1 moa with factory ammo. ive never reloaded for it but i bet it could get a bit better. this rifle was a hand me down from my grandfather so there was no cost associated .

it seems many buy the rifles and have them re barreled quickly which i suppose i dont mind now that im this deep with the rifle.

ya, it is a bit expensive. i have a 300 wb mag that is an older mark and very nice. under 1 moa with factory ammo. ive never reloaded for it but i bet it could get a bit better. this rifle was a hand me down from my grandfather so there was no cost associated .

it seems many buy the rifles and have them re barreled quickly which i suppose i dont mind now that im this deep with the rifle.
I've always been intrigued by the WBY's particularly the Accumarks.

Occasionally I see one for sale in 7mm STW and I have a real hard time not "pulling the trigger" when I do but I already have 3 of them.

When I was younger the Weatherby magnums really appealed to me but Ammo was not generally available for them where I lived and we didn't have the internet.

I think his idea with the double radius shoulder was a great innovation and I'm really surprised that other manufacturers haven't adopted it.

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.