Reamer questions for old 30-06

6.5x300 WBY

Guys I have posted this years ago that I inherited UNFORTUNATELY from my brother a Rem 700 BDL 30-06. For the last 6 years i couldn't do anything to that rifle for upgrades or fixes. Too painful.. Well now as time has passed I decided I want to fix her up now and it brings a smile to my face so I know I am ready for this project.. so I have ordered a stock. McMillan Game warden, and a Proof Research barrel. New Triggertech Special. NF ATACR 5x25x56 Mill-C, terminator T3 Muzzle Brake.
I have a smith putting everything together and make it right. I just asked about Reamers he used for chambering it. I told him I wanted to shoot bullets like, 168 Sierra TMK, 176 A Tips. 178 ELDM and Berger 185 Hybrid Target. So what reamer would fit this style and weight of bullets. I told him. Can I get a bit more Freeborn to run these bullets long so it will allow me more capacity.
His response was custom chambering to my specs. Well I have less than zero knowledge about this and what to do.
So any info would be appreciated.

P.S.S. in the back of my mind and spending time researching on here the 06 AI might be intriguing. ??

Ok thanks for reading and any help appreciated

Brian

I might be building a 30-06AI this winter. My 6.5 Sherman barrel is toast and I don't have a 30-06. I think the AI is always good. Might not get that much of a gain in performance, but brass won't grow. I was going to look into the Serengeti chambering as well. I'd also suggest getting a fast enough twist to shoot some of the higher BC monos. I'd go with a 9 twist at a minimum.

Guys I have posted this years ago that I inherited UNFORTUNATELY from my brother a Rem 700 BDL 30-06. For the last 6 years i couldn't do anything to that rifle for upgrades or fixes. Too painful.. Well now as time has passed I decided I want to fix her up now and it brings a smile to my face so I know I am ready for this project.. so I have ordered a stock. McMillan Game warden, and a Proof Research barrel. New Triggertech Special. NF ATACR 5x25x56 Mill-C, terminator T3 Muzzle Brake.
I have a smith putting everything together and make it right. I just asked about Reamers he used for chambering it. I told him I wanted to shoot bullets like, 168 Sierra TMK, 176 A Tips. 178 ELDM and Berger 185 Hybrid Target. So what reamer would fit this style and weight of bullets. I told him. Can I get a bit more Freeborn to run these bullets long so it will allow me more capacity.
His response was custom chambering to my specs. Well I have less than zero knowledge about this and what to do.
So any info would be appreciated.

P.S.S. in the back of my mind and spending time researching on here the 06 AI might be intriguing. ??

Ok thanks for reading and any help appreciated

Brian
I've loaded with 168 SMK in my standard 30-06 and measured the COAL using the 208 ELDM. How far do you want to shoot the rifle? Is it to punch paper, more for target shooting, or both? If hunting is part of the picture what game and how far?

I also had a new FN 30-06 barrel reamed to 30 Gibbs and assembled on a new FN action I have.
It is an interesting twist on a 30-06.
Yes!
IMG_0889.jpeg

I've loaded with 168 SMK in my standard 30-06 and measured the COAL using the 208 ELDM. How far do you want to shoot the rifle? Is it to punch paper, more for target shooting, or both? If hunting is part of the picture what game and how far?
Pretty much hunting about 80%, 20% shooting.
How far? About 600 yards or so. Deer mostly

I would consider the 300 Sherman as well. It is nearly 11% gain over the std '06 with a .317" long neck. It will run right with a wsm and all the leg work is done with reamers and dies in stock. Use 270, 280. 0r 280 A.I. brass to easily form. Petersen brass is a great option.