North American Fires

Anybody watched videos of the smoke in bc? Just google. At three in the afternoon is dark out and vehicles are driving with headlights on. Bad deal

I'm in the Southern Interior of BC, today is the first time in a couple weeks I can see the sky. Visibility last week was down to a few hundred yards. The last two years' fire seasons in BC have been devastating, not only for industry, but just for people in general. Many thousands evacuated from their homes and unfortunately quite a few losing their homes. I sure hope this is not the new normal.

I'm in the Southern Interior of BC, today is the first time in a couple weeks I can see the sky. Visibility last week was down to a few hundred yards. The last two years' fire seasons in BC have been devastating, not only for industry, but just for people in general. Many thousands evacuated from their homes and unfortunately quite a few losing their homes. I sure hope this is not the new normal.
Does not have to be normal. We have options. Like put them out are manage the land. Leftist policies and always destructive.

Steve

Last edited:
Southwestern Idaho here...We finally have clear skies again after a bit of wind and rain.

Someone has already said it, but it is worth posting again: Log it, Graze it, or Watch it burn.

I'd like a Governor and a State Legislature that had the knowledge and intestinal fortitude to engage in dual federalism when it comes to issues such as managing the lands within our border. I read a report from the BLM several years ago that stated forested ground in the US has increased by 3%, while the timber on the ground has increased 58% over the past 6 decades. With that kind of mismanagement, we're getting what we've asked for.

Fires + Wolves = An End to Gun Rights

Last edited:
That's awful living conditions. Especially for those directly affected. I'm hoping for rain everywhere or even a foot of snow.

....Does not have to be normal. We have options. Like put them out and manage the land. Leftist policies and always destructive.....

Interesting lesson in human nature. When you have media solely controlled by the same group, putting out the same message, you have people literally choking to death without questioning.

Other than here, and a few social media sites the "new normal" seems to be winning. A kid can't take a peanut based snack to school for fear of a bad reaction by someone, choke everyone, and no big deal??????

Rained tonight we're a lot better.

Got some pretty good rain, and snow in the high country, and expecting more today. I'm thinking the Fire Service is probably hiring...Takes a lot of man power to keep those flames going in bad weather like this!

Steve
Glad to hear it. A change of wind and some rain is the only thing that's going to get these fires under control.

The best man can do is attempt to save a little property and a few lives here and there and they've been failing badly at it.

A few years ago we had a little over 2.5 million acres of this state in flames at the same time and the smoke was so bad in about a 1/3 of the state we had a real crisis especially in some of the major cities when it came to air quality.

Yesterday, where I am living, was the first day I saw blue sky all day since the 24th of July. How great the smell of the air but, today it is so full of smoke again that I can't breathe outside. Did someone give Biden a book of matches or what?