Ruger American predator

My son wants a 22/250 an he's thinking about the Ruger predator. Any info on this rifle would be appreciated. Thanks
I have (and love) my Ruger American in 243. The bolt closes harder on some factory ammo, and I just discovered that the chamber is 0.002" tighter than minimum SAMMI specs — didn't believe it until I borrowed a go:nogo gauge set and the GO gauge would not fit.

I currently have two of the older Predator's both in 6.5 Creedmoor. I have one all dialed in and have shot out to 900 yards accurate with factory ammo. I am going to gift that rifle and scope and ammo to my nephew for a graduation present. They shoot very good! I did find the unfinished barrels tend to rust in wet conditions so I painted mine up to help protect them. I also took a coil off the trigger spring and had to sand off a little stock material in the barrel channel. They are cheap but shoot very well, the kind of rifle to bounce around the truck or the 4wheeler. Cheers, Jason

I bought a used Ruger American 243 at the LGS for $200 and it shoots better than my Sako. They may be cheap but offer great performance for the price. I also appreciate that they can get scratched up and drug through the mud without giving me any heartburn. I have since picked up a couple Americans in other calibers and they have been solid and accurate as well.

You can't go wrong. Pay no attention to the price, they shoot better than most can hold and if you scratch it..Big Deal ! Great guns for 100-250 yard hunting. Probably not my choice for Long range or firing a thousand rounds but that's not what they were built for ... I've reloaded for 22-250, 243, 6.5 CM, 7-08 and 308. All shot MOA and better. ( Out to 300 yards) Again, You can't go wrong with the price point.

I have the Ruger American Predator in 6.5 Creedmoor. I love this rifle. It's lightweight and shoots great. I'll admit it's not beautiful but it functions so well. I've shot lots of game with mine and I see it as the best bargain out there. When I first got it, it shot under a moa. After I started handloading for it, I went to under .5 moa.

I am seriously considering one of these Ruger American Predator in 6mm creedmoor after working with his rifle. Shoots well, is fairly light, and is reasonably priced. It is already threaded too which is a huge plus for suppressors.

The best bullets out of my 6.5 CM are the 140 ELD-M w/ 40.3 grains H4350. A close second is 140 BTHP Hornady with 40.5 grains H4350, followed closely by 142 SMK with 40.8 grains H4350. This pic is from Hornady factory loads.
Hornady group.jpg

Good shooting. I also put mine in a FDE LSS and have shot from 107s up to 143s. Looks like 140s are the ones the rifle likes best. I started using AICS mags without the binder plate to get less jump.