Most Accurate Out Of The Box

I am thinking of going with this one below. It is a Browning X Bolt Long Range Hunter in 300 Win Mag. My last Browning was a tack driver @ 500 yards, it was a 300 WSM.

Any thoughts? Thanks

driLtQf.jpg

Should be a shooter. I would like to find another new Browning LRH in 7mmRM. I've missed out on a couple of them over the last few years, and haven't seen one in a while.

With all due respect, a rifle that had to be bedded and had the tigger group changed out is not an "out of the box" rifle.:rolleyes:

As long as it wears the factory barrel, action, and stock it's out of the box. The Remington 5r is plenty precise without the mods, I do them because I can. 90+% of precision lies in the quality of the barrel.

Should be a shooter. I would like to find another new Browning LRH in 7mmRM. I've missed out on a couple of them over the last few years, and haven't seen one in a while.

I ran into that problem as well, I originally wanted a x-bolt lrh in 7mm RM but couldnt find one so I settled with the Eclipse hunter.

I ran into that problem as well, I originally wanted a x-bolt lrh in 7mm RM but couldnt find one so I settled with the Eclipse hunter.

The one he is looking at, is an X-Bolt LRH... The one I'm wanting is a new leftover A-Bolt II LRH in 7mmRM. Should have bought the last one I saw, but didn't have the cash at the time... Still kicking myself for that one.

Also still kicking myself for not buying a new 700 LSS in .257 Wby back in 2009...

I am not much on factory guns since most are a crap shoot as mentioned earlier. However the three that I have had are still have that are unbelievable tack drivers are:
Remington 5R 308
Savage LRH 300 WSM
Savage predator 6.5 Creedmoor

All three factory rifles will shoot on the average in the .2s. The two savages mentioned are the only savages I have ever owned. If they are a representation of the product, then I would not hesitate to purchase another in the future.

I agree with Barrelnut.
This question always becomes awkward because of Savage rifles. A better question would be which out of the box rifle is the most accurate including Savages, or excluding Savages.

Savage rifles always seem to make this discussion quite humorous.

Remington would be one of the last I would pick for an out of the box rifle. If I were going to have a LOT of work done on it I MIGHT make it a consideration but then again a home-made Savage would probably still shoot better (!) and there are much better options for a custom (from a shooter's standpoint).

Tikka's are pretty well known for out of the box accuracy at reasonable prices, and have a good trigger you don't need to replace. Just shot my .260 CTR for the first time this weekend, did pretty well for me @ very initial load development. Comes in .308 too. I did heavily consider a Remington 5R and almost bought one, but ultimately chose the Tikka and happy so far.

http://www.longrangehunting.com/forums/f17/tikka-ctr-260-first-day-range-161361/