Most accurate out of the box factory 300 win mag?

Steyr, SBS Prohunter. Have 2 one goes 1.1" at 300Y with old Federal 200gr Partition HE ammo and the other .8" at 300Y with same ammo. Have 6 Steyrs and ALL are subMOA with factory ammo. Most of the time I don't bother developing loads.:)

I can second the last statement. I have a SBS Pro Hunter in 300 WM that shoots less than 1/2 Moa with decent handloads.

My pet LR hunting load is 200 AB in front of 76 grs of Re 25 in Norma Brass. Shhots approx 2" at 430 y

Have shot several ragged holes at 300y with 180 MK in front of 73 grs of Re 22.

All loaded with Redding Comp Bushing dies with .335 bushing approx .02" of the lands

Savage seems to lead the pack right now with an affordable rifle that is very accurate. Savage customer support is excellent as well.

Buddy of mine just bought a Savage 16 Weather Warrior 300wsm, topped with a Leupy VX2 3-9x. Shoots 3/4 MOA using Barnes Vor-Tx 165 TTSX ammo. Considering how much he spent on the entire package that is **** hard to beat.

My Savage shoots 200gr reloads into a quarter at 100 yds. Its better than I am! Never tried factory loads but bought some 180's just to have them on hand for hunting. I mostly shoot target for my satisfaction !

:cool:

Attachments

• vicious.jpg
    vicious.jpg
    22.1 KB · Views: 118
I have a Remington 700 Long Range in 7mm mag.

It is just like the old model Sendero.

Mine shoots sub MOA. And most groups are so tight that they are hard to measure. However, it is no longer "stock" but was easy to replace trigger, bed action and install a great muzzle break... And recrown the barrel, and fill the rear of the stock with epoxy. Oh, and I had to put a tactical style bolt handle.

Remington 700 Milspec 5R. Mine shot 1/2 MOA at 100 out of the box and as good or better after bedding and Jewell trigger.

+1. My Milspec shot .25-.5 MOA out of the box. I know of a few other owners that got the same results. I have owned three 308 Milspecs that also shot the same out of the box. The added bonus is that these barrels clean fast and hold their accuracy for over 200 rounds between cleaning, a characteristic of the R5 barrel. Behaves like one of my custom barrels. I agree that the crappy trigger on the newer models should be upgraded. the older models could be tuned.

Come'on guys, I'm new here and wanted to get my 2 pennies in. No matter how you look at it Savage is one of the better guns out there. Its a shame that Savage invented the 22highpower, 303, 300, 250-3000, others? and with all that effort none of them are popular now ( unless you're like me ). And I don't want to forget the "99", strongest lever action out there and the sleekest.:D:)

Come'on guys, I'm new here and wanted to get my 2 pennies in. No matter how you look at it Savage is one of the better guns out there. Its a shame that Savage invented the 22highpower, 303, 300, 250-3000, others? and with all that effort none of them are popular now ( unless you're like me ). And I don't want to forget the "99", strongest lever action out there and the sleekest.:D:)

when it comes to long range i like to shoot against them. it is fun.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.