MagnetoSpeed???

Leatherneck

I bought a MagnetoSpeed chrono knowing I'd need a chrono for developing load data. I didn't want to mount it to the barrel so I made an adapter to mount to my stock. I've got the adapter made and am in the process of putting the MS on it. The pictures below shows the gap between the bore and the MS itself. I sanded a bit off the plastic housing already to get it to where it is now. I know that the instructions say 1/4" but can these be run with a bigger gap? I've still got plenty of material left I can remove. Right now it's about 6/16". Thanks, Mike.

IMG_1126.JPG
IMG_1129.JPG
IMG_1132.JPG

I've run mine farther than a 1/4" I had to manually turn up the sensitivity and it worked just fine. I turned up to "11" and left it there. Doesn't seem to affect it when closer and it always triggers when further away. Try it and see how well it works.

I bought a MagnetoSpeed chrono knowing I'd need a chrono for developing load data. I didn't want to mount it to the barrel so I made an adapter to mount to my stock. I've got the adapter made and am in the process of putting the MS on it. The pictures below shows the gap between the bore and the MS itself. I sanded a bit off the plastic housing already to get it to where it is now. I know that the instructions say 1/4" but can these be run with a bigger gap? I've still got plenty of material left I can remove. Right now it's about 6/16". Thanks, Mike.

View attachment 409155View attachment 409156View attachment 409157
Now if you could figure out how to make that universal adjustable mount to a rail up front ….$$$$$$$ baby

Last edited:
Now if you could figure out how to make that universal mount to a rail up front ….$$$$$$$ baby
I just copied a you tuber who did it with an ARCA mount. I had to make my own because the stock fore end is not parallel with the barrel. I used 1/8" steel bar with a width of 1 1/4". The hardest part is getting the bends right. I think I'm going to try as is and see what I get.

If I had multiple rifles that would be the ideal piece of equipment. I only have one rifle I plan on reloading for. I'm only in about $20 on the adapter I made.

I didn't like the attachment system either. Decided to monkey around with mounts for the bench. Here are a few I tried. Weird two of the pictures only show as a icon link oh well,.

this is the one I settled on. Note platform attached to front of bench. That gave enough room for rifle to fit on the NRA style concrete bench

For the most accurate results, I'd strongly recommend using the supplied strap and spacer attachment method. The systems that mount to picatinny or ARCA rails on the rifle, are also acceptable.

Having the magnetospeed mounted to something the rifle isn't attached to, allowing the barrel to move independent of the bayonet is not advisable.

-----------
Follow on Instagram
Subscribe on YouTube
Amazon Affiliate