Modified Magnetospeed

A couple of pics using my tripod with the magneto speed. Picture better than my previous description.

Attachments

• IMG_0011.jpg
    IMG_0011.jpg
    70.8 KB · Views: 180
  • IMG_0012.jpg
    IMG_0012.jpg
    48.7 KB · Views: 163
The V3 comes with a rubber heat shield so you don't melt your strap when the can gets hot. If I put it on the barrel, I note a poi change but haven't noticed that group size changes much. I mount it to the can if I'm using one. I have assumed being on the can wouldn't affect poi or group size as it's not in contact with the barrel. Do others have a different experience when mounting on the can?

Shooting only for MVs, I assume. If shooting for groups, how do you manage the suspension movement in the wind???
Just shoot only when the crosshairs are on the target the kids jumping up and down in the cab made for good training shooting from an unstable platform, this is what I ended up with.

Attachments

• IMG_20210531_183732775.jpg
    IMG_20210531_183732775.jpg
    671.3 KB · Views: 66
DING....DING....DING...The MacGyver of the Day Winner. The ole Magnetospeed just keeps those creative juices flowing. Cobble, cobble, cut 'n' bend, duct tape, zip ties, crazy glue, spit and hope......
Hey what ever works for you all is all that matters doesn't matter if it is pretty or not just as long as it does the job that you are looking for is all that matters

Hey what ever works for you all is all that matters doesn't matter if it is pretty or not just as long as it does the job that you are looking for is all that matters
I get some pretty classic looks at the range, bordering on judgmental with that monstrosity strapped to the end of my $5000 rifle.....but I could care less what guys think of me.

Hope this can be useful to someone. After a frustrating day of missing data on a borrowed Labradar, I dusted off my magnetospeed and got to work. Basically used an Atlas picatinny rail adapter to mount the contraption to the stock. A broken fishing pole and a couple of hose clamps, and away we go! I set the sensitivity to Hi 2, and didn't miss any shot data yet. Best thing is the total cost of the mod was $0....
THEY LIVE....THE MACGYWVER ZOMBIES LIVE!!!!

Would be willing to share the printing files and the details on how you assembled it?
Yes! I posted it here:

Yes! I posted it here:

Do you think I'll need to modify to mount to a bravo chassis?