Modified Magnetospeed

Hope this can be useful to someone. After a frustrating day of missing data on a borrowed Labradar, I dusted off my magnetospeed and got to work. Basically used an Atlas picatinny rail adapter to mount the contraption to the stock. A broken fishing pole and a couple of hose clamps, and away we go! I set the sensitivity to Hi 2, and didn't miss any shot data yet. Best thing is the total cost of the mod was $0....
Thanks for the writeup and pic, I might try that and see if poi changes

Craziest thing I have seen done with the Magnetospeed, but I totally get it. One of the reasons why I shifted to a LabRadar when it was on sale.

But are you not still getting correct reading in speed ?
Speed shouldn't be effected by the Magnetospeed, but working up loads would require more ammo to shoot.. one set for grouping, the other for speed. This crazy method would solve that issue.

Hope this can be useful to someone. After a frustrating day of missing data on a borrowed Labradar, I dusted off my magnetospeed and got to work. Basically used an Atlas picatinny rail adapter to mount the contraption to the stock. A broken fishing pole and a couple of hose clamps, and away we go! I set the sensitivity to Hi 2, and didn't miss any shot data yet. Best thing is the total cost of the mod was $0....
DING....DING....DING...The MacGyver of the Day Winner. The ole Magnetospeed just keeps those creative juices flowing. Cobble, cobble, cut 'n' bend, duct tape, zip ties, crazy glue, spit and hope......

The Wiser set up works excellent!!
I have had a Wiser mount for two years. Can be useful comes to mind. But not excellent.
I'm waiting for a new MS bayonet as I type due to a bullet strike. The Wiser P picatinny rail rear portion attachment came loose and allowed the MS front tip to rise just enough to be nicked which killed the second sensor.
I also have a LabRadar. They are both accurate with a 2 f/s difference. I use the MS on rifles with greater than 3900 f/s MV
I think I will just mount it on the suppressor and live with poi shift. Or use electric tape around the rail attachment to prevent the locking springy things from coming loose

By an inertia trigger for Labradar. I have not missed one shot since.

I had my magneto on my 28 Nosler and was chasing my tail trying to get an accurate load. Read an article that said attached to your barrel it will change the harmonics. Took it off and now have a quarter sized group at 400 yds. What I did was take a 4X2" piece of 1/4 steel drilled and tapped a hole that will attach to my tripod screw for spotting scopes and then drilled a hole that the threaded screw of the magneto speed will just fit through and screw it on with the rubber cap. My tripod has a release handle that I can adjust so the magneto speed lines up with the barrel. What I use to line up with the barrel is a broken fiberglass arrow inserted in the barrel. Due to the force coming out of the end of the barrel I have a sand bag hanging from the center of the tripod.

My hair is now growing back in since I started using a remote trigger and an external power supply for my labradar. Before that I was pulling my hair out trying to get the thing to work. Labradar would do well to sell these items with the unit.