Magnetospeed

With the Wiser mount it takes me literally 30 secs to be set up and ready to measure shots.

Takes about that long to switch between rifles as well.

I've used a Labradar it's really cool. But I just don't have the need for one since I got the Magnetospeed off the dang barrel.

Like I said before, almost all of my last 800 or so rifle rounds have been with the MS on and collecting data. Because I'm a nerd that way.

It's really not that hard. I shot my pro-chrono several years ago. Didn't have a lot of time so I was in a rush to setup and didn't stop to consider the bullet rise from the muzzle ... perfect DRT shot!
For my Oehler I put 2 pieces of A500 steel (about 2x2") at a 45 degree angle in front of the sky screens. Sure saved them a number of time, whether by me or a friend (?). Mine my usually not picking up the bullet the first few times so I though I would lower my aiming point (duh)

I have a few shooting Chronys as well, but a big issue with these, Oehlers, et al, is that setting up on a range is a real PIA, esp when others are waiting for you to get set up. LabRadar is no issue.

I did have a permanent stand and "light box" with a fixed position for the "Shooting Chrony" about 20 feet in front of my bench rest. Shooting rest & fixed target stand made set up as quick as turning it on and placing it in the box (no silly sky screens).
Shot 10 of thousands over it with errors only from insects, snow flakes in bright sun or low light at dusk.
The magneto speed could be shot in conjunction to "calibrate" the average error of the Chrony due to the current ambient light conditions. The MS could then be removed and data from the Chrony could be "adjusted" accordingly.
I have since moved the bench & target and have not got it set back up. I miss it sometimes.

I know the feeling -- I own two Chronys and have shot both. More than once. Again, another reason to like Labradar.

I know the pain. 458 Socom is not very forgiving, lol.

F4E59C59-E42A-449C-90CC-5478722141ED.jpeg
603FC3DD-AB9F-456A-AF1C-5D081F4B3D3E.jpeg
6BFF0D09-13A1-4E78-A2DF-32D00B823D80.jpeg

So I bought and received the Wiser mount for my MS. Inside the packaging said "there is not a instruction video available for this new chrono mount"..... I guess it's a new version that has bushings for tapered end stocks. Anyone know if the set up is the same ? Thx Pete

So I bought and received the Wiser mount for my MS. Inside the packaging said "there is not a instruction video available for this new chrono mount"..... I guess it's a new version that has bushings for tapered end stocks. Anyone know if the set up is the same ? Thx Pete

That's great that the fixed the only limiting factor that I have observed with the mount.

I have the older version without bushings so I would not know what the new configuration is. Could they have meant "now" instead of "not"--any youtube results?

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.