Modified Magnetospeed

JMHNL

Hope this can be useful to someone. After a frustrating day of missing data on a borrowed Labradar, I dusted off my magnetospeed and got to work. Basically used an Atlas picatinny rail adapter to mount the contraption to the stock. A broken fishing pole and a couple of hose clamps, and away we go! I set the sensitivity to Hi 2, and didn't miss any shot data yet. Best thing is the total cost of the mod was $0....

Sorry thought that was there...

Attachments

• 20210606_122355.jpg
    20210606_122355.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 1,726
It affects accuracy, so hard to work

A Labradar fixes this, you know.....might require setting it up, nut it fixes poi issues.
That's true, but it's a $600+ fix. I shoot at a busy range and I struggled with other people's shots and also my muzzle break. I think with some tuning it would capture most data.....but I'll stick with the modified magnetospeed for now.

Can you post pics of how you set that up? I'd love to do something like this to get my magnetospeed off the barrel during load development.
MPA makes an attachment for their chassis to mount the magnetospeed. Pretty cool keeps it off the barrel. May be able to mount on other stocks chassis with some engineering. Mounting directly to the barrel may give you a POI shift.

That's true, but it's a $600+ fix. I shoot at a busy range and I struggled with other people's shots and also my muzzle break. I think with some tuning it would capture most data.....but I'll stick with the modified magnetospeed for now.
JLK trigger and sensitivity adjustment fixes that and it allows end-users to shoot multiple firearms with ease. An investment well spent.