Magnetospeed Sporter

OPIE 1

Just getting started and new to reloading. One of the last things I would like to get is a chronograph. The sporter is attractive since it is a good price point. It says it will work with a muzzle break up to 1.7 inches, first question... how should you measure your muzzle break, most upper port to most lower or from end to end? The one on my browning long range is the same diameter as the barrel. On my Savage AR however it is not the same diameter and end to end is 3". My other question is could I get away with removing the muzzle breaks, use the sporter then when done thread them back in or will this not give and accurate measurement? Lots of time to think 20210220_155520.jpg20210220_155452.jpg while I'm plowing snow today. 😆

Just getting started and new to reloading. One of the last things I would like to get is a chronograph. The sporter is attractive since it is a good price point. It says it will work with a muzzle break up to 1.7 inches, first question... how should you measure your muzzle break, most upper port to most lower or from end to end? The one on my browning long range is the same diameter as the barrel. On my Savage AR however it is not the same diameter and end to end is 3". My other question is could I get away with removing the muzzle breaks, use the sporter then when done thread them back in or will this not give and accurate measurement? Lots of time to think View attachment 253911View attachment 253912 while I'm plowing snow today. 😆
I had a magnetospeed, And I would recommend removing the brakes to keep the muzzle blast from damaging the bayonet. I would also recommend a threaded cap to protect your threads and crown.

I had a magnetospeed, And I would recommend removing the brakes to keep the muzzle blast from damaging the bayonet. I would also recommend a threaded cap to protect your threads and crown.
Just getting started and new to reloading. One of the last things I would like to get is a chronograph. The sporter is attractive since it is a good price point. It says it will work with a muzzle break up to 1.7 inches, first question... how should you measure your muzzle break, most upper port to most lower or from end to end? The one on my browning long range is the same diameter as the barrel. On my Savage AR however it is not the same diameter and end to end is 3". My other question is could I get away with removing the muzzle breaks, use the sporter then when done thread them back in or will this not give and accurate measurement? Lots of time to think View attachment 253911View attachment 253912 while I'm plowing snow today. 😆
I use the magnetospher
I use the magnetospeed with the brakes on my rifles, and i haven't had any problems with it. One of the brakes on one of my 300 magnum rifles is a little over 3" long.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.