It’s causing me fits....thoughts?

Well, I believe this confirms it is a scope issue. 100 yards shot at a max power of 8. I'd say it's pretty decent. Less than an inch. Believe it could be even better if I wasn't a little rushed and with it snowing.

How is Leupold's warranty? Process?

Thanks everyone!
Steve
I believe so. And Leupold's warranty is pretty good. Just send them an email.

I have been shooting for a long while, long enough that I knew that only the rich could afford a scope. I have owned Weaver, Burris, Bushnell, Unertal, Redfield, Tasco, Leica, Leupold, Moeller, and several other brands. I have had scope failures with every brand except Leupold, Leica and Swaroski. Several makers treated me good, others not so much. We live in an era of either quality vs quantity. My bet is it's the scope, and that having been said, it's easiest to troubleshoot. They will in my experience treat you very well. I sent Leupold some binos that had a frozen focus knob, 20 plus old, and about a month later got them back looking and performing like new ... No charge. Hope that is your problem.

Leupold will be good to you I just got one back in 10 days completely rebuilt and looking like new. Leupold warranty rocks. Don't need to call they have a process on their web site to send it in and confirm they have received it.
Easy peasy.

Rifle have to recoil scopes are designed for recoil
Stop recoil where does it go
I saw a double and scope destroyed in a lead sled
THANK YOU!! I've been preaching about Lead-Sleds for years!

First time I seen one at my friends shop, he let me use it to sight in my rifle. It was my .325 WSM ironically. I kept adjusting and the poi kept changing. I tried to zoom out and it wouldn't budge. That is when I noticed the scope had slid inside the rings.

Seen a Ruger African break the stock at the tang, and countless others with trashed scopes. I've had people argue me, and one said "I've used one hundreds of times with no trouble, I dont see how you have so many failures". I answered, because I work in a gun shop, with a range.

So I seen that thing used (against my advice) way more times than he probably used his.

If I use it, I dont put weights on it, just use it as a rest.

My first 260 build (Bartlein) screwed into Rem700. Kept getting flyers every. 2-3shots. All new parts, after cutting barrel 1-2 inches every other week to fix the harmonics, went from 28" to 24" with no improvement. Smith was going to send barrel back, and saw new Badger Ordnance 20 moa rail was cracked. 4 months and couple hundred handloads later not to mention a shorter barrel than I wanted, I share this story with new and old shooters to learn from. By the way, one of my fav and most accurate rifles last 15 yrs.

None was taken
While they where off getting repaired I bought a Kahles
So I did up grade
They are made by Swarovski. Very freaking nice! I looked at one with a 34mm tube, and giant target turrets. As I said, NIIICE!
Screenshot_20191118-054714_eBay.jpg

My 15 year old son has a left handed Browning X Bolt hunter chambered 7mm-08 with a Leupold VX3i 2.5-8x36.

For the life of me I cannot get it to group all of a sudden.

I have tried the following:
- Took scope and Talley rings off and installed and torqued everything back down. Bases at 28 and rings at 17.
- Tried Hornady Superformance 139 gr. Interlock, Remington Core Lok 140 gr. and Nosler 120 gr.
- Shot off Caldwell The Rock with rear bag (what I normally use)
- Shot with a lead sled
- Paid close attention to amount of pressure into shoulder/sled. Made sure that as I applied more pressure the crosshair wasn't moving, etc.
- Cleaned Gun really good with bore guide and Dewey rod.

It is like I can't get it to zero. Shoot 2 shots 1.5" high and 1" right (.5" group), but the third shot is 4" high and 1" right. Okay, so maybe I didn't have the same back pressure on one, so I give it 4 clicks left. Next round shoots 1" left and 1.5" high, so I send another and it shoots into a .5" group, third shot goes 2" left and 4" high.

I'm at a loss?? I mean I just shot a .3" group with my 308 Win. My son cannot shoot a group either.

Please help!
Steve
I had a friend with a .243 Styre that would shoot cloverleafs all day long. He called one day and said it was now all over the place. I got hold of this rifle and cleaned and scrubbed the barrel....and here's the main thing....with copper cleaner/remover. It took forever but it finally came clean. It came back to It's normal cloverleaf groups. He'd only been cleaning it with No.9 but not using a copper type remover. It sure did help in his case.

My bet is the scope as well, but a loose action screw will shift poi like that as well. I'm sure you checked them, but most simple first is my motto.

My 15 year old son has a left handed Browning X Bolt hunter chambered 7mm-08 with a Leupold VX3i 2.5-8x36.

For the life of me I cannot get it to group all of a sudden.

I have tried the following:
- Took scope and Talley rings off and installed and torqued everything back down. Bases at 28 and rings at 17.
- Tried Hornady Superformance 139 gr. Interlock, Remington Core Lok 140 gr. and Nosler 120 gr.
- Shot off Caldwell The Rock with rear bag (what I normally use)
- Shot with a lead sled
- Paid close attention to amount of pressure into shoulder/sled. Made sure that as I applied more pressure the crosshair wasn't moving, etc.
- Cleaned Gun really good with bore guide and Dewey rod.

It is like I can't get it to zero. Shoot 2 shots 1.5" high and 1" right (.5" group), but the third shot is 4" high and 1" right. Okay, so maybe I didn't have the same back pressure on one, so I give it 4 clicks left. Next round shoots 1" left and 1.5" high, so I send another and it shoots into a .5" group, third shot goes 2" left and 4" high.

I'm at a loss?? I mean I just shot a .3" group with my 308 Win. My son cannot shoot a group either.

Please help!
Steve
I have a 25-year-old 30 06 that did the same thing two years ago haven't used it much unreliable then I got a Teslong borescope and saw how much copper was built up in a barrel that I thought was clean I cleaned it very well and aggressively until it was actually clean and it's right back to the way it was

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.