Weatherby Mark V Giving me fits. Keep it or trade?

OK, here's what I would do:

Remington 700 ADL 300 Win Mag: $369
Pac-Nor SS Select Match: $240
Pac-Nor Fir Barrel & True Action/Lap Lugs: $250
Pac-Nor Barrel Fluting: $100
McMillan A-5 Stock: $425

Total $1,384

This leaves a little cash to buy some accraglass or whatever your favorite bedding compound is, and shipping, FFL transfers etc. Without a doubt, this rifle would be superbly accurate.

Jim

Pac-nor
McMillan Stock Rifle

Try some different bullets. Mine seem to shoot better with lighter than the heaviest bullet for the caliber. Both my Weatherby's shoot less than .5" One is an Accumark. The other is a very skinney barreled Deluxe that shoots in the .2's. Both have excellent triggers. My Accumark adjusted to an extremely crisp 13 ounces right out of the box. During load developement I went through many loads that only shot 1 1/2 to even 2" but when I hit the good ones it setteled right down. Keep trying. I'm sure it will be a shooter. I sold a 25-06 Sendero that I couldn't get to shoot after trying 10 different powders and at least 10 different bullets. Remington said there was nothing wrong with it. My gunsmith couldn't find anything wrong with it but with the groups I was getting I could shoot it better just looking down the barrel and point shooting it. The scope was a waste of time. 4.5x14x50 Leupold. There was nothing wrong with that scope but that thing was a knuckle ball throwin son of a gun. I never did put an aftermarket trigger in it. The stock one was terrible and was very inconsistant set anywhere under 4 pounds. 2 ounces one time, 3 pounds the next. Really scary. Any of my 6 Rugers all shoot sub MOA any day of the week. No more Remington 700's for me.

Warning! This thread is more than 20 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.