Convince me it’s better

Mostly hunting but I do like to go shoot some long range rocks and may make a trip to Williamsport once in a while for a just for fun competition shoot.
If you aren't opposed to fireforming you can improve the 264 Win Mag. It will outperform the PRC but it won't hang with the 6.5 WWH. Mine is throated to seat 156 EOL at 3.550" instead of SAAMI @ 3.340".

A1F3EC29-211D-4744-88CF-0BF612DE93D8.jpeg

If you aren't opposed to fireforming you can improve the 264 Win Mag. It will outperform the PRC but it won't hang with the 6.5 WWH. Mine is throated to seat 156 EOL at 3.550" instead of SAAMI @ 3.340".

You will not be disappointed with the 6.5 prc I built 2 different rifles Year before last . One prc is on a long action pre 64 mod 70 win and the other is on a Curtis Axiom short action built as a switch lug so I can interchange too the 300 wsm with no other changes I can also wildcat cat too the 25 prc with no other changes using the same bushing dies for the 6.5 prc . A friend built a 264 win mag at the same time and our velocities are about the same with 10 grs less powder for the 6.5 prc . It also seems I can control my extreme spread easier on load development . The 6.5 prc case is a very strong case and so far I have loaded 123 gr absolute hammers just shy of 3500 fps and 109 gr absolute hammers 3722 fps with no primer pockets lost . My throating is at .145 I think the standard throating is .188 and the earlier was .133 I would go with .145 . The best powders will be N165 N560 R26 H4831 Rl23 andH 1000 I hope this post helps good luck on your choice .

View attachment 345715

Unless you have a smith that has the correct reamer, you likely will get clickers after 2-3 firings with the PRC. With the correct chamber dimensions, I personally still like a .264 wm better. But that is simply personal preference, the PRC is still a fine chambering when done right.

View attachment 345715

This seems like a real sweet spot for a magnum 6.5. Add to it a virtually endless supply of brass.

I owned a 264 win mag a long time ago and felt no animal was safe at any distance with that rifle.Winchester 70.
The confidence you have with that rig is a big time advantage.
Just my opinion
As I teach frequently in my handgun classes, "Confidence and Competence are Hand in Hand".

If you are competent and have decent rifle in your hands your confidence in your ability to use it will only go up. The more success you have the more that feeds your confidence and on and on.

The flip side of that is if you lose confidence in your ability to get good hits with a given rig, you might as well replace it.