what's better?

bukhunters

People are always fighting about "What's a great gun manufacture "
I known what calibers are out there but ho makes a gun that can shoot it. Well it's getting a hard beating. I, loving browning as is, known they make kick but rifles but overly priced. But the real question is what do you think?

People are always fighting about "What's a great gun manufacture "
I known what calibers are out there but ho makes a gun that can shoot it. Well it's getting a hard beating. I, loving browning as is, known they make kick but rifles but overly priced. But the real question is what do you think?

I am also a Browning fan, I have 2 X-bolts, 1 Buckmark and 1 Browning Gold 20 gage shotgun.

They are all well made and excellent shooters.

IMO the X-bolts have the nicest fit and finish for the sub $1000 production rifles and are both sub MOA shooters. So for what you get in quality, I don't think they are overpriced.

Remingtons are one of the best, if not the best factory production rifle ever made. Will shoot MOA out of the box. Add a good bed job, a free floated barrel, and good ammunition, the 700 will shoot right with the high dollar customs. They are also a lot more affordable than Browning, and they're American made, not Japanese. I believe everything other than Remington and Savage are over priced when it comes to your standard flagship rifle from all of the major rifle companies. Depending on what you are wanting the rifle for, Remington offers a Model 700 to fit every need and role, for an affordable, money well spent rifle.

I own Browning, Sako, Remington etc. I have a couple of customs but for the money I will buy a Savage all day long. Fit and finish is sometimes sloppy but I have never bought a Savage that would not flat shoot.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.