I'm Done With Nosler Brass!

I built a 30 nosler bought there brass and had 16 grain difference between lots, Nosler customer service said they guaranty 1 grain difference in a lot but not lot to lot totally unacceptable for me buying hornady now.

I built a 30 nosler bought there brass and had 16 grain difference between lots, Nosler customer service said they guaranty 1 grain difference in a lot but not lot to lot totally unacceptable for me buying hornady now.
Buy ADG and you wont have to worry about any of that.

I have used Nosler bras for some time in various calibers due to it consistency within lots and even when using other lots it was within a grain or two of other lots. But then I ran across a 44 grain difference between two different lots. I called Nosler support on this issue and they did not seem to be surprised with this much of a difference. I explained I was not able to purchase Nosler brass except on line or drive long distances to try and find the same lot. I asked if it is possible two buy bulk quantities with no luck. I explained I enjoy shooting and hunting LR and it would be nice if they would offer the option to buy in larger quantities than 50 for this specific caliber. Getting no where with Nosler I decided to give up on them and ask for input from others who they trust in quality brass and can be bought in quantities of 200 plus in the same lot. Look forward to your input.
Just a thought, yes 44grs. Is a bunch but did you check the internal capacity to see what that variation is?
I had brass that when segregated by weight, the same 5 cases with the widest weight variation shot the best groups.
It was the interncapacity that makes the biggest difference it seems. Good luck to you!

I have nothing to say nice about Nosler brass. [Crap at best]
Bertram is toughest nails, specs are junk though
Peterson is top notch
ADG is top notch
Gunwerks brass is top-notch,not cheap

Talked with the guys at Alpha munitions and they are looking into making more brass.
Good luck on you search for a new brand

Just a thought, yes 44grs. Is a bunch but did you check the internal capacity to see what that variation is?
I had brass that when segregated by weight, the same 5 cases with the widest weight variation shot the best groups.
It was the interncapacity that makes the biggest difference it seems. Good luck to you!
Yes I did and responded earlier, it was 6.2 grains of water weight difference

I like it so well that the next rifle I build will be limited to a case they either make or something I can form from one of their cases. It is that good.
Yes I decided to go with ADG but it appears they are out of 7mm Mag so I put myself on the waitlist. Not sure how long it will be,

I have used Nosler bras for some time in various calibers due to it consistency within lots and even when using other lots it was within a grain or two of other lots. But then I ran across a 44 grain difference between two different lots. I called Nosler support on this issue and they did not seem to be surprised with this much of a difference. I explained I was not able to purchase Nosler brass except on line or drive long distances to try and find the same lot. I asked if it is possible two buy bulk quantities with no luck. I explained I enjoy shooting and hunting LR and it would be nice if they would offer the option to buy in larger quantities than 50 for this specific caliber. Getting no where with Nosler I decided to give up on them and ask for input from others who they trust in quality brass and can be bought in quantities of 200 plus in the same lot. Look forward to your input.
Like everyone else, I was taken aback by the '44 grain' difference statement; I wonder if you meant 4.4 grains instead. Could you clarify your statement for us?

Is there a difference in wall thickness at the neck? Can you measure wall thickness deeper into the case?
I did spectrometry on some cases in the past and discovered not all mfgs use 600 cartridge brass for cases. With the discrepancy in H2O fill it seems a dimensional change not material.

After reading the horror stories about Nosler brass in this thread it makes me think they went into MFG to control quality and their own destiny.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.