I'm Done With Nosler Brass!

Peterson brass is getting some really good reviews, and there is always Lapua if they make it for the gun you are talking about, you didn't specify. Both can be bought in batches of 100 and easy to get suppliers to send same lots if you order more.

P.S. Just saw you said 7 Rem Mag in a later post, no Lapua for 7 or 300 Mag.
I agree with your assessment on Peterson brass. to the OP I also have had good results with alpha brass. I bought 100 and I believe you can also buy 200 or 250 from the same lot. Or it was Peterson. Anyhow the Alpha brass I bought for my 6.5CM was SRP. The case to case weight by volume deviation was minimal. The price for me was cheaper then Lapua without (as it turned out) sacrificing much on quality.

Looking at the headstamps on the two weighed cases, the heavy one is "MM", while the light one is "mm".

Clearly made on different tooling.

Looking at the headstamps on the two weighed cases, the heavy one is "MM", while the light one is "mm".

Good catch....Nosler like most business always looking at bottom line obviously they or their suppliers overlooked the effects & repercussions of this.

Do expect them to make all their brass on one machine? The MM and mm would certainly make it easy for me to sort them.

Currently? Can you site your source?
I have used a lot of Norma brass. I bought some Nosler 28 brass when I first got my new rifle. I have SERIOUS doubts Norma made that stuff. If they did, I suspect Nosler is ordering a different spec than what Norma makes for resale. I also bought some Nosler "Prepped" 22Nosler brass. Out of 100 rds two of them didn't even have flash holes. Sort of defeats the purpose of "Prepped". None of those cases would even load without annealing the necks. Impossible to size and load without deforming bullets with Forster's benchrest seater. Then when loaded they would show pressure well before max. I think they made the wrong end extra hard. Hornady makes better brass, and i AM NOT A FAN OF THAT STUFF EITHER.

I have used a lot of Norma brass. I bought some Nosler 28 brass when I first got my new rifle. I have SERIOUS doubts Norma made that stuff. If they did, I suspect Nosler is ordering a different spec than what Norma makes for resale. I also bought some Nosler "Prepped" 22Nosler brass. Out of 100 rds two of them didn't even have flash holes. Sort of defeats the purpose of "Prepped". None of those cases would even load without annealing the necks. Impossible to size and load without deforming bullets with Forster's benchrest seater. Then when loaded they would show pressure well before max. I think they made the wrong end extra hard. Hornady makes better brass, and i AM NOT A FAN OF THAT STUFF EITHER.
Uhhhh…. okay. (?)

No they dont, Nosler bought out a small brass company to start making there own.
Google it I cant remember who it was
I was sure I had read somewhere that norma did a stint of brass making for nosler when they had a problem with there tooling or some other issue or maybe it was anot her brand it was several years ago. David

SSA brass is who it was

Attachments

• Screenshot_20191211-163141_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20191211-163141_Chrome.jpg
    363.8 KB · Views: 82
Norma may have at one time made Nosler I know there was alot of speculation they did but I doudt now they do since Nosler owns there own brass facility.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.