Bad experence with Nosler blem brass

Looks like Nosler forgot that annealing step. Usually their stuff is soft. That is seriously brittle high stress state to split/separate all around the shoulder area.

I guess you could save it by giving it a good anneal run. But I would be leary. Maybe a bad batch of core brass?
Yeah, at first they tried to give me the old "look over there; baby Wolf" which didn't go over well with me, after which they got serious, However... never of course admitting the real problem. It was an annealing problem, how much got out of the plant they never said, we never ID the lot run. I've gone back to using their .223 brass again after two years and have found no problems. But... I still don't use it for self-defense loads, not even their factory ammo now, it's great for range play and perhaps hunting and that's it. Thanks for the sitrep on Nolser very interesting. Cheers

PS: it wasn't Nosler brass in my case.

I have read a few forums about Nosler brass & the quality. It has me hesitant to buy. I could really use it for a rare caliber these days. It is listed as new brass. I am just getting into reloading. And have about 100 Rem brass that was fired once possibly twice according to the seller. Which I personally don't know. But brass does mic well & look well to me. So my question is should I stay clear of the Nosler brass even though being a new product ? Or do you think it should be fine if I don't try loading hot rounds ? Or is this Nosler brass just good enough for 1 or two reloads ? I was reading on here yesterday someone was blowing primers in their Nosler brass. I think it was a 6.5 CM.
I have used Nosler brass many times without a single issue.
brass many times without a single issue

I bought several hundred cases of Nosler 204 ruger blems and found too many that had thin necks and shoulders. They crushed and bowed creating all sorts of problems. Once I found and tossed all the bad pieces (by trail and error), the rest have been fine. However, I won't rely on blem brass in the future. Of course if its the only brass you can find due to shortages, I wouldn't hesitate. Just QC every piece the first few firings.

I recently purchased 100 pieces of 28 Nosler brass from Shooters Pro Shop. These were blems. It is my understanding that "blems" are useable but have visual blemishes such as small dents, water spots etc. The blems I received were 25% unusable. If I can I will attach a picture. The necks were split and some had a hole thru the shoulder of the case at the end of the split neck.

I contacted Shooters Pro Shop. The fellow there is very nice but said for warranty items I needed to talk to Nosler. I sent an email to Nosler and was completely ignored. The experience sure leaves a sour taste in my mouth for a company I have been loyal to for a long time.
I would give Nosler a call, those are not blems, emails may not be answered very quickly, but reference when you sent your email if you have to leave a message.

Does anyone know for sure whether Nosler makes their rifle brass in-house? or is it a subcontract thing? Don't get me wrong, I like Nosler products and have used them for over 40 + years... I had a similar thing happen with another major manufacturer; who I won't name, they made me whole in the deal and I'm sure they've corrected their brass manufacturing in-house problem(s) since then. The photos are of new "virgin".223 brass that I loaded, that came apart in the magazine(s). Not a good thing for duty or self-defense ammo, I had about 1500 plus rounds of their brass.

View attachment 404367View attachment 404369View attachment 404376
View attachment 404366
That's ugly!

I recently purchased 100 pieces of 28 Nosler brass from Shooters Pro Shop. These were blems. It is my understanding that "blems" are useable but have visual blemishes such as small dents, water spots etc. The blems I received were 25% unusable. If I can I will attach a picture. The necks were split and some had a hole thru the shoulder of the case at the end of the split neck.

I contacted Shooters Pro Shop. The fellow there is very nice but said for warranty items I needed to talk to Nosler. I sent an email to Nosler and was completely ignored. The experience sure leaves a sour taste in my mouth for a company I have been loyal to for a long time.
That's not a blem that's scrap.

Shooters Pro shop should understand they have not disappointed ONE LR Shooter, they have caused 20 or 30 of "US", to rethink doing business with them. Some of us may be getting desperate right now, and are buying Blem's, but the drought will eventually be over, and we will all adjust our inventories. In any event, both Shooters Pro Shop, and Nosler should know. Its never good to have unhappy customers.

Ugh, I just got some 280rem brass from them, SPS, and have not fired any yet. I looked to see what the blend were and all I could see were small dents and the brass seemed a little rough on the top half. Ran them through the sizing die without issue and started trimming necks but it turns out the neck thickness is 0.012" so I stopped. Loaded 6 rounds with 143 hammers to see how they shoot but not shot them yet. Sounds like I may need to anneal the rest, as a precaution, before loading any more. I weighed them against Remington brass and there is a 20grain difference.