Nosler blems

tbrice23

Anyone ever have any problems with Nosler blems?
I'm out of 60gr ballistic tips for my ar15, these shoot tiny groups ay 200 yards.
They're a little cheaper at the Nosler pro shop but I'll have no idea how many different lots are dumped in the same bag, and I'm not going to sort 22 cal bullets.
These are for range practice and squirrel practice, lol. Any have any experiences with these, good or bad?

I have shot hundreds of Nosler blems and found them to be as good as any I shot from Nosler regular first boxed bullets.The price is better too.

I've shot a pile of the seconds , accubonds , partitions , and probably a few hundred ballistic tips . they shoot the same for me . out to 600 yards , the longest I've tried this , I can shoot a few factory firsts , and a few seconds on the same target and can't tell one from the other they group together .
when I first found these seconds I called and ask what to expect . I was told it would be cosmetic only , they would not sell flawed bullets . I was told a lot of these are over runs . or the bullets were made with a different color plastic tip to meet a ammo makers spec . with them having a different color tip , the over runs can not be sold as first quality . some seconds have a cannulare to meet a factory ammo makers spec , and the original nosler bullet did not have one .

I've shot a pile of the seconds , accubonds , partitions , and probably a few hundred ballistic tips . they shoot the same for me . out to 600 yards , the longest I've tried this , I can shoot a few factory firsts , and a few seconds on the same target and can't tell one from the other they group together .
when I first found these seconds I called and ask what to expect . I was told it would be cosmetic only , they would not sell flawed bullets . I was told a lot of these are over runs . or the bullets were made with a different color plastic tip to meet a ammo makers spec . with them having a different color tip , the over runs can not be sold as first quality . some seconds have a cannulare to meet a factory ammo makers spec , and the original nosler bullet did not have one .
Excellent info guys, thanks.

I've never shot any of them, yet.... I've bought 2000 70 grain RDF, 2000 105 RDF, and 500 175 RDF. Simply because I believe for steel they will shoot plenty good. I bought them from Shooters Pro Shop.

i cant see a reason to pay full price when you don't have to ... they shoot the same ,
the problem is get them while they are on there because , just cause they are in-stock today doesn't mean they will be when you NEED them. sometime out of stock for months expecially before hunt season

i do buy enough usually to weight sort them :lows highs get used for load development and save the biggest pile for , finished rounds

i cant see a reason to pay full price when you don't have to ... they shoot the same ,
the problem is get them while they are on there because , just cause they are in-stock today doesn't mean they will be when you NEED them. sometime out of stock for months expecially before hunt season

i do buy enough usually to weight sort them :lows highs get used for load development and save the biggest pile for , finished rounds
Yep.
I ordered 600. If these were for hunting I'd sort them but for bipod practice I doubt I'll see any difference on paper.

I use them, usually buy in bulk as well. I buy cast bullet boxes from Amazon, they've gone up in price, about 4 bucks per case, but they hold 150 or so 180gr 338 Accubonds, almost 500 224 bullets, sold on two packs.

Used them on my deer last year, perfect mushroom from my 338 Federal.

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.