Whats up with new nosler brass

Cinchy

Last fall I bought several boxes in several calibers of new Nosler brass while it was on sale. My Ruger 300 magnum hunter will not eject it properly? It will extract it at best, usually leaving it on bolt rail? The gun will eject with authority all my other brands of brass? My new Cooper 7mm STW has the exact same problem with the new brass I bought for it? The 300 win mag brass is concerning, but I can use my other brass for it. The 7mm STW is a ****er as everyone knows how hard that caliber is to buy for!! Anyone else experienced this?

I have found it has a larger diameter at the web than most other brands. Measure there with a micrometer against Winchester or Hornady, etc. and you can see the difference. I have had issues too with Nosler brass in tight chambers.

Interesting, I have not heard of this. I shoot Nosler 300 win mag and 338 ultra mag brass in both of my custom rifles and have not had any problems.

Like barrelnut mentioned, maybe only a problem if you have a tight chamber?

I could understand that if it was only the 1 gun. But my 300 & 7mm STW both react the same? As a side note after I realized the problem with the 300 win mag, I cycled all the remaining unloaded brass thru the gun & about 15-18 ejected like you would expect?

I have played with several different Nosler cases and the brass is a rip off. Yes its pretty but unless you wanna run 3 gr under book minimum it wont last. Weight variance lot to lot is HUGE. Some seem to like it but I would look elsewhere.

I have played with several different Nosler cases and the brass is a rip off. Yes its pretty but unless you wanna run 3 gr under book minimum it wont last. Weight variance lot to lot is HUGE. Some seem to like it but I would look elsewhere.

I don't like to hear this... makes me think that Nosler's lack of process control that has been present in their bullets is also showing up in their brass. So far I have had nothing but excellent results with Nosler brass and very inconsistent results with the Accubond and Accubond Long Range.

Luckily I bought a lot of brass for both of my custom rifles a couple years ago and it is all from the same lot and all of the boxes are within 2 grains of each other.... and that's across 10+ boxes.

Well i use nosler brass on my 338 win mag and my 300 win mag. and i have had no problems. when the bible says its going to be a compressed load it is right on. so losing capacity i dont think so. just my thought they are assholes every body has one. Bob. gun)

Nosler Brass has not treated me very good in my 300WM. I get 3 reloads at best. I try and find Norma brass as I can get 5-6 reloads on Norma and yes I run it fairly hot.

My STW I just purchased 140 new Bertram brass from Graff and Sons. To early to say what the brass life will be but my guess is it will hold up.

Since they don't actually make the brass its hard to tell what they really produce. Some is Norma, Federal and God knows who else. Its really pretty brass and its prepped well but all of it I have used falls apart with any pressure on it. Most guys don't run 338 Edge's nice and slow.

I have had trouble with hornady brass and new Norma brass .I have not fooled with nosler brass yet .I have had problems with primers lately being soft too mostly Winchester .These other companies jumped on the brass shortage and made a ton off of it .Winchester and Remington about got out of the brass business .I have a ton of federal 308 brass which can not be reloaded .It has a blue mark on the primer .

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.