If you had $700, what would you get for reloading?

The question is simple.

What would you get if you had $700 to put into your reloading game. Not guns. Not built ammo. Just reloading gear. This includes components. What say you guys?

A 5# keg of RL7 (unobtanium) several more bullets molds from Accurate Molds, maybe a few more components for our Dillon Press…….or, use is as a down payment on a good, quality IR scope! Decisions- Decisions! 😉 memtb

A 5# keg of RL7 (unobtanium) several more bullets molds from Accurate Molds, maybe a few more components for our Dillon Press…….or, use is as a down payment on a good, quality IR scope! Decisions- Decisions! 😉 memtb
Just bought a cheap thermal AGM rattler I must say I'm very impressed with its performance and price!

The question is simple.

What would you get if you had $700 to put into your reloading game. Not guns. Not built ammo. Just reloading gear. This includes components. What say you guys?
For my part I've always wanted an accurate auto scale. I know their isn't reloading but maybe some gunsmithing tools better than what I have we have been given a really good small lathe lately and we need some tooling and a little more education on smithing I did take a machine shop course for a few months right out of high-school

That depends on what you currently have. My current project is a larger reloading/ work bench. Looking at 96-72" long and 32" wide w/ 2 single stage Rock Chukers and enough room for all the brass prep tools, scales, etc. and storage for dies, expanders, brass, bullets. One end designated for working on rifles. It will have a vice, gun rest, 3 sided access, tool storage. But that's me.
Take a look at inlinefabrication.com. The plates attached to the equipment slide into, onces the base plate is installed. You can change out different pieces of equipment quickly. Instead of using up entire bench to set up with. Generaly I move from one step to another. If I am sizing I am sizing in one operation, then on to the next step. I just don't due one case and move it along. it might save some room and time. The only down side of this is storage for the other items, because of the additional plate attached to the reloading equipment. You can store them in a clean place and kept them covered, and out of harm way.
I have the base plate attached to the bench and I change out presses and what every. They will build plates for your item if they don't have it already.
It might save you some space. I use to use a 3-0 x 6-8 solid door for a bench. You can get wider door is wanted. Use the one for over 40yrs. Until I cut if up, because of moving to a new place. I have moved it one before and that wasn't a problem either. I just want a new bench this next time. I had to increase the support under the press for sizing brass. You can get 3-6 or wider doors. They have to solid core doors, Paint grade is all you need. Most larger lumber supplier have them in stock. Under the press area I place a 1/4" steel plate to the bottom side of the door, and lagged it in.
I am presently layout a reloading shack, that will house my reloading equipment and store them too. Locked up and safe.

Recent Posts