If you had a Rem 700 rebarreled .....

Blueprinting is not always truing, and it does not guarantee you even .050 more accuracy at best. Gunsmiths should stamp on the outside of the action what the new dia should be, NONE do. So, when that same action has another barrel put on it, it is a wild *** guess as to what the thread pitch should be on the new barrel....devil is in the details.

My very first "custom" build was a .25-06AI.

I bought a pawn shop R700 carbine .30-06 that looked like it was a truck bed gun. As in bounced around in a truck bed a while.

Ditched everything but the action. I told the gunsmith to "square and true the action up".
Had a new 28" Lilja #4 1:10" chambered in .25-06AI, put a Bell and Carlson fiberglass stock on it, a Shilen Match trigger, and topped it with a Leupold Vari-X III 6.5-20×50 LR.

It shot 3 different loads.
100 SMK @ 3600 into .6s.
100 TTSX @ 3600 into .8s.
115 VLD @ 3450 into .5s.

I killed a lot of coyotes, and we killed quite a few mulies with it out to 488 yards.

Once I shot that barrel out, I rebuilt it into a .280AI.
When the gunsmith took it apart, it looked like the previous gunsmith had "squared" the action with a hacksaw by hand. So the new gunsmith actually did it right, opened up the threads and cleaned everything up like it should have been.
Installed a new 26" 1:9" Proof CF Sendero Light, new Manners EH1 w. Pillars and bedded, a bunch of bolt work, and a new March F 3-24×52.
The .280AI shot 175 Elites @ 2975fps into .2-.3s routinely. Killed quite a few pronghorn, deer, and elk with it over the years.

Last one I put together was a factory 700 from Brownells. 7mm Rem Mag Wilson remage barrel from Ragged holes. Factory recoil lug. HS Precision unbedded stock. APA self timer brake. Shot 1/2 moa with the 110gr TTSX. Very little load work to get there.

A quality barrel and chamber finish is far more important than the thingy that holds the back of the casing...imo.

I've always wanted to somehow make a test jig set up to shoot without an action at all.