If you could only have one gun...

If I could only have one gun....I would have to wonder when Hillary Clinton got elected president!

I'm assuming, like Roy in Idaho, that you mean 1 rifle otherwise I'll keep my 12GA Ithaca Turkey Slayer shotgun with nikon turkey scope and ONLY hunt turkey! (I'm a turkey junkie!!!!)

1 rifle for me....338 Lapua

I was referring to single projectile firearms. I didn't want to leave out xphunter and the like. I too would be lost without my trusty 12 ga come turkey season. It just wouldn't be the same with a rifle.

This was more of a rhetorical question. I just wanted to see what people thought of as their ideal rifle for any hunting that they might possibly do. I personally wouldn't know what to do without my 30-06AI and my 35 Rem Marlin!

I've gotta go with my gut on this one. My one Rifle would be My shorty 11" barreled bushmaster SBR with silencer and quick detach Leupold scope, surefire integrated light/foregrip and NV compatible aimpoint M3. I would be sure to pack the 22lr conversion as well. I could protect myself and quietly kill just about anything I needed to sustain my family for a long time. Sorry guys, I let you down and went with an autoloader.

buffalobob I can't speak for Bill Bailey but I will take a fresh plate of calf fries anytime! 'Specially when they're hot off the bbq grill and just a little bit runny /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif That's a poor mans caviar!!!

I would have to agree with those who said a 308 Winchester. It is about as versatile as any other caliber and it is quite managable to shoot. I could hunt muley's, elk, speed goats, blackies, coyotes and anything else in my part of the world with a 308 and good handloads. The fact that you can poke purty little holes in paper from a long ways measures in to my answer, too. Plus, like some one before me said, ammo is readily available just in case the s**t gets too thick and you don't have any handloads available.

dc

300 Win Mag.

I think you could definately handle anything on this continent and most (not ALL) of African game also w /a 200 grain Accubond or Partition or any other well constructed bullet for your game of choice. You can get ammo anywhere, like the 30-06.

How did you know. I absolutly love them!!! I'm not sure about on the grill but it's tough to beat a big plate of fried nuts!!!!

We used to have an annual nut fry as a fund raiser for my FFA chapter in highschool and my fraternity @ Okie State used to do one as well. Cleaning them is not much fun but the eatin' is!!!!

BTW, you know what that potted meat is made out of don't you?? I'll take a nut over that stuff anyday. At least I know WHAT I'm eating.

[ QUOTE ]
I'm not sure about on the grill but it's tough to beat a big plate of fried nuts!!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

They're even better on the grill, Bill. (grill bill--sounds likes my monthly statement from Lowe's /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif) The grill cooks the heck out of the outside but leaves the inside nice and juicy /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Bill,
Fried nuts are grrrrrrrrreat!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

I used to be a "huge magnum" fan, being 375 RUM and up. Know I am more of a shoot on the range for a long time fan. So I also am going with the 308. An absolute joy to shoot, and I can get those 168 grn SMK's to shoot pretty darn good.

Later guys,
Brandon

Hey, how did my thread get hijacked by the Testicle Festival? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Alot of interesting stuff. I like the AR with the 22LR conversion in case the black helicopters start flying over. I might add a good stout slingshot with extra tubing. Wonderful for dispatching bunnies or grouse to cook up with your lamb fries.

[/ QUOTE ] goodGrouper recommends VihtaVuori when you are in a hurry to burn thru a pipe /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif</font>

[/ QUOTE ]
Goodgrouper recommends only the "5 series" powders for this chore the rest of there line is very good.
As for the origional question the answer is obvious to me the T/C ENCORE with 20 barrels from 221 fireball to 300WM and a shotgun barrel as well.
UB

I'll throw one more caliber in there..the 7MM STW..flat use 140s for antelope and mulies and can load up to a higher grain for elk etc..just my $.02

[ QUOTE ]
Cleaning them is not much fun but !!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

Ya clean 'em??? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif Hmmmm, I'll have to try that. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

I'll vote for the 308 though I don't own one. I figure a well placed well constructed bullet from that cartridge could always keep meat on the table, however unglamerous it is. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif