If you could only have 3 rifles

7mm STW lightweight sporter
.338 Lapua Medium heavy sporter
.375 Rum sporter

if I could hide one under my bed I would include a .243 win or 6mm Rem

Everyone has a .22 lr rifle of some sort... so that is a given...

1).257 Wby Mag for deer and smaller...
2).300 Wby ... the catridge itself says it all....
3).416 Wby ... for anything that could possibly hunt you ....

1. 375 ruger for the really big stuff2. for sure a 300 win mag , model 70 3. and a 25-06 for deer hunting

This is easy for me. AI AW in .308 I could also switch calibers later (at home) and a AI AWSM in .338 lapua..

By the way I already have both of these..

Okay, I want three Accuracy International rifles. First in 338 lapua, 2nd in .300wm and 3rd in .308. I would have went with the .223 instead of the .308, but you were asking about big game rifles.

Okay, I want three Accuracy International rifles. First in 338 lapua, 2nd in .300wm and 3rd in .308. I would have went with the .223 instead of the .308, but you were asking about big game rifles.

Actually after I got the AI's I sold a bunch of rifes I found that I no longer used. I am now working on getting a bunch of barrels made for the AI AW next will be in 6.5x47 lapua. I have three barrels for the .338 my favorite is the 20 inch. If you have never shot a 20" .338 lapua it is interesting to say the least. I have no problems getting to a mile with the 20" and 300gr. SMK's.

You don't know if they make those guns in a left handed action? For $6000 you think they would do whatever you want, but......

Nevermind, It's a NO. I'd use my feet if I had to. Maybe the best system I've ever seen.

Last edited:
You don't know if they make those guns in a left handed action? For $6000 you think they would do whatever you want, but......

Nevermind, It's a NO. I'd use my feet if I had to. Maybe the best system I've ever seen.

I want to say that I remember reading some where that they were working on it. If you can find one new for $6000 with all the bells and whistles sell a kidney to get it. That would be very cheap. The last one I bought which was the AW .308 was over 7k add the mount and the hensoldt and you are shooting with a small fortune!! The .338 is more expensive.

well for me i would have to start off with a 22lr for me as i am sure many others it was the very first thing i ever shot, and besides they are a tone of fun.
next would have to be 338 rum i choose rum because in a pinch you can buy ammo.
and finally i think i would have to go with a mcbros .50bmg

I want to say that I remember reading some where that they were working on it. If you can find one new for $6000 with all the bells and whistles sell a kidney to get it. That would be very cheap. The last one I bought which was the AW .308 was over 7k add the mount and the hensoldt and you are shooting with a small fortune!! The .338 is more expensive.

You are right. That was just to get in the door. I figured with everything I would want $10,000 seems about right. With a top of the line scope. I should have tried to pull it off when I was single.

6BRX - for varmints and having fun!
6.5X47 Lapua - for whitetails and having fun!
338 Lapua - for everything else and having fun!

-X3M

Last edited:
.223/.308/.338 lapua

as for rifles ?

no stupid uk regulations!

.223,custom m40 replica based on a sako 75 a1 action with a 20" barrel
.308, socom 2 (not legal in the uk)
.338,custom repeater on the rem 700 action with a badger ordnance mag kit and mcmillan a5 stock

all i'd change for the stupid uk regs would be the 308 into a mcmillan a5 stocked 22" barreled badger ordnance repeater.

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts