If you could have a manufacturer build a bullet, what would it be ?

With everyone asking for a high BC partition that loses its front and retains rear. Don't we basically have that already with a few all copper designs that shed their petals? From what I see they're basically what everyone is asking for, other than maybe the BC could be higher on a few offerings.

That's what the apex bullets
"If you could have a manufacturer build a bullet, what would it be?"

🤔.
I'd like a Copper Mono with Excellent Consistent Terminal Performance, a tip design that works, consistent tolerance of manufacturing, best alloy material for functional application, Superior design characteristics, excellent ballistic performance,
With a wide performance window.

Always In Stock, & Quickly Delivered.

All provided by a manufacturer with focus on providing the Best Hunting Bullet with No Compromise.!!

A lot to ask I know……..
I Got exactly what I asked for !!
Apex Afterburners check all my boxes, and with a high bc too. 👍

Last edited:
The Major bullet/ammo makers suffer from inertia and resist introducing new ideas . When you do get one that's listens they get bought up.

Speer wore out the stamping/forming machine for one of the premier handgun bullets and then brought out the gold dot.

Sierra changed the 180 SMK from the 9 degree boattail that made it so good to the same die as used for the 168 SMK ...sad day when I exhausted my supply of the older design.

Lapua no longer produces the 170 D46 stepped BT, I used that in a Garand

So, you get a lot of close...But no cigar designs.

DRT has a 308 bullet with a .705BC. It's powdered tungsten core, not copper. But you're right, they don't penetrate like a all copped solid, but I think a lot of the point is, the vast majority of the time, you don't want a bullet to penetrate like a solid mono.

If a bullet was built like a partition with tungsten in the base instead of lead and all copper up front, it wouldn't be long like all copper, but it would really really want to swap ends. I bet it'd still end up needing faster than normal twist rates.
I think they more ideal bullet would be built like the Federal terminal ascent. Put a jacketed powdered tungsten core up front and a solid copper base. Let the front expand/come apart and have the flat wad-cutter looking solid base continue for penetration. The front would be heavier than the rear, which would help a lot in stabilizing it.
The Terminal Ascent is a great bullet. Federal just needs to make it available in bulk to handloaders.

With everyone asking for a high BC partition that loses its front and retains rear. Don't we basically have that already with a few all copper designs that shed their petals? From what I see they're basically what everyone is asking for, other than maybe the BC could be higher on a few offerings.
Copper doesn't perform the same as lead.