If you could have a manufacturer build a bullet, what would it be ?

mark slavinski

With so many bullets out there, we can always wish for more. What would you guys ask for? I am old school, don't shoot much past 500 yards. I would love to see a Sierra 30 cal. 180 gn. HPBT Gameking. Would fit in my short mags, would be stupid accurate I'm sure And hold up better at magnum velocities than the 165's. Love these bullets In all the other calibers offered.

With so many bullets out there, we can always wish for more. What would you guys ask for? I am old school, don't shoot much past 500 yards. I would love to see a Sierra 30 cal. 180 gn. HPBT Gameking. Would fit in my short mags, would be stupid accurate I'm sure And hold up better at magnum velocities than the 165's. Love these bullets In all the other calibers offered.
None! There are plenty of choices as you noted.

Same as FEENIX, pretty much all bases have been covered.

Unless, someone can make an affordable mono, of a material that closely replicates the length of a cup and core of equal weight resulting in a shorter bullet than we have with present mono's, have 8 petals of which only 4 break off (making those that want immediate tissue destruction) while 4 remain to make a longer, larger bullet path of damaged tissue, that has a lower friction coefficient than does copper, and are superbly uniform in weight and shape, and extremely easy to develop exceptional accuracy!

Beyond that……I'm happy with what we have! 😉 memtb

Some 458 partitions for the 4570. A frames are good but almost a little tough for 16.5 inch velocities. My remaining couple are near 20 years old and I'm tired of metering them out like wartime food rations.

I'd like some accubond or similar tech bonded bullets in the heavier weight classes of 223 and 243. Realize the 223 scirocco was tough go build, but with everyone flinging high bc small caliber bullets at game some controlled expansion lead would be nice.