I’m Making The Switch

Savage in 110 or 10 will suffice! Their floating bolt is to love! The PITA rem700's cost to square/blueprint at a cost of 3 or more Savage actions. You can still shoulder the barrel, but why! If you're on the fence, go with Zermatt and have rem footprint and barrel nuts. I'm sure you already know about this stuff in your @ButterBean 'ie ways 😇 :cool::cool::cool:. Many have mentioned to say no too 338lm in savages, but unsure about 300nm or other 30cal with. 595 bolt faces? Neck down a 6.5prc to a 6mil and have fun (6saum & 6rem mag possibly). I couldn't be more happy with the small amount of tools it takes for the 10/110's. I would have everything I own in a pre'64 style if it were easy to customize and almost toolless to do. 1 pre and 1 post 64, both in 264wm ('61 & '16 or '17)..
I agree and I've committed, I already have a 300 RUM (The Mule) and now with the help of folks solely on this site have 4 110 top bolt release actions ( 2ea S/A and 2ea L/A ) and stocks for everything.
Stand by for my Remington purge in the classifieds ;)

While I love Winchester Rifles and am a huge fan of tang safety River's I have been a Remington guy for the most part, with that being said the Savage rifle has always intrigued me and I have had a few and let them go and have regretted it so I'm making the switch to Savage, I've got 2 actions on the way as well as stocks and other odds and ends for about a third of the cost of the Remington components.
It falls right in with my do more with less mindset so we'll see, I'm off and running, another 25 cal something or another is first on the list
Bean
Nothing wrong with that. I've built a pile of rifles off the savage action and had excellent results. I've done a few with a ptg truing reamer, faced bolt heads, and chased race ways. I'm not a huge fan of the ptg reamer tho. If doing a switch barrel off a shoulder vs a nut, it makes more sense. If not, just squaring the action face and lugs is much easier if you have a lathe. If not interested in any of that, there are some bolt mod tricks that make running the bolt easier, less cocking force, smoother. I like the accutrigger just fine with a target spring and some polishing, but I prefer a rifle basix trigger for less pull weight, 16 ounces.

I agree and I've committed, I already have a 300 RUM (The Mule) and now with the help of folks solely on this site have 4 110 top bolt release actions ( 2ea S/A and 2ea L/A ) and stocks for everything.
Stand by for my Remington purge in the classifieds ;)
I hope to not miss the purge. I am really hoping to find a Rem in 222 or 223 if you have anything like that.

Nothing wrong with that. I've built a pile of rifles off the savage action and had excellent results. I've done a few with a ptg truing reamer, faced bolt heads, and chased race ways. I'm not a huge fan of the ptg reamer tho. If doing a switch barrel off a shoulder vs a nut, it makes more sense. If not, just squaring the action face and lugs is much easier if you have a lathe. If not interested in any of that, there are some bolt mod tricks that make running the bolt easier, less cocking force, smoother. I like the accutrigger just fine with a target spring and some polishing, but I prefer a rifle basix trigger for less pull weight, 16 ounces.
I installed 1 of those triggers on a 300wm, but haven't had time to shoot it yet.

I'm always interested in learning anything

I screwed together a couple rifles using LH Savage actions about three years ago, a 22-250 and a 260. Both have 24" Shilen Select Match SS barrels from Northland and both are fantastic shooters. These are hunting rifles weighing 9lbs 4oz each ready to hunt.

I installed one of the bolt lift kits from e bay, the one with the ball bearing and spacer on one of my rifles and can't tell any difference. For what I do the bolt lift isn't an issue, I guess if all you were doing is bench work it could be an issue.
I had a 300wsm built on a Remington short action with a shilen select match ss BBL in a HS Precision stock and a jewel trigger. It was a bug hole shooter. I let my baby brother have it.

Actually I have owned and currently own several Savage rifles and can't find anything to complain about except stiff bolt lift. I have just ordered the 110 ultralite in 6.5prc. Looking forward to getting it set up. I've got a Z6 Swarovski with the BT on it that I don't have mounted on anything I'll probably put on it to keep it lightweight. Also am considering putting the Lil bastard tunable muzzle brake on the end of it per my baby brother's suggestion. He has the same rifle in 28 nosler that shoots lights out. He says it recoils like a 223 with that muzzle brake. Must say it would be nice to stay on target after pulling the trigger.

Ya want to get the most out of your Savage?
Tune the action!!er

As for the OP's statement for a 25 caliber.
Which action did you get?

I have a 250 Savage 24" on an AxisII action (the barrel was on my Stevens 200) , and a 257 Roberts AI on a 111 action.
I'd surely like to hear more about the .257 Roberts AI 111!