I’m Making The Switch

Preliminary feed-back on the Elftmann Savage 110 SE trigger:
Product arrived and it is what I've come to expect from Elftmann in terms of it's finish and details. Nice, clean design and well made. I do not know if mine is the norm or the exception, but no installation instructions were included. I'm not likely to need them, but it is nice to have my guesses confirmed by some instructions or pictures of the product installed. The way things are somewhat suddenly backed up around here (my own fault) it may be a month or more before I can install it. I am tempted to buy one each for both of my up-coming Savage action builds just to have them here when I get to that point.
Thanks for the write up. I have a 110 Ultralite that I wanted to upgrade, but the compatibility list on their site doesn't include any of the newer 110 modes (like since they started naming everything 110).
I am looking at an MCarbo.

And the next contestant on ButterBeans switch to Savage is a 9 twist 338 Edge……Cmon down😉
IMG_6852.jpeg

What twist is optimum for these?

Wicked slow, because it's the shortest/lightest Hammer makes in the 338 caliber. Only needs a 13 twist per the Hammer website.

260HH needs a 10 twist so it would be their heaviest that will run in your barrel. They have 7 weights of HH in 338 that need 10 twist or slower though, lots of options. Plus Shock Hammers if you want a larger tip opening.

I got some 186 Shock Hammers because Steve said people have been running them in 3 twist (yes three, not a typo) 8.6 BLK barrels. Holding together at high RPMs doesn't seem to be a problem for these things.

What twist is optimum for these? I just finished chambering my 338NM. Barrel is KBI 9.35. My first venture into the 338 magnum world.

Wicked slow, because it's the shortest/lightest Hammer makes in the 338 caliber. Only needs a 13 twist per the Hammer website.

260HH needs a 10 twist so it would be their heaviest that will run in your barrel. They have 7 weights of HH in 338 that need 10 twist or slower though, lots of options. Plus Shock Hammers if you want a larger tip opening.

I got some 186 Shock Hammers because Steve said people have been running them in 3 twist (yes three, not a typo) 8.6 BLK barrels. Holding together at high RPMs doesn't seem to be a problem for these things.
I went with the 9 Twist just case I wanted to lol some mortars but as stated 1-14 is the minimum