I’m Making The Switch

Did I miss the picture of the last build ? The 243 AI.
And I am also curious if you tried the lift kits ? Did you notice a difference ? Have you tried any other tricks to make the bolt lift easier ? Bigger bolt handle, etc
I'm neck deep in all of of that now

I installed a bolt lift from desh industry on my axis. Helped a lot. Though not as smooth as my browning medallion. YMMV.
I ordered five of them. I hope to see a little improvement, hopefully. And I ordered a bigger bolt handle also. I hope to get them as good as my Howas. I have one left handed axis. And the bolt handle for that rifle is twice as much than for a right hand. That is just crazy to me. I have always shot left handed. But I have always shot right handed rifles. I thought I would give a lefty a try. I have learned one thing. I am in no way faster with a left hand rifle. lol

If you close your eyes and click your heels, you may notice the difference with the BLK.

I kept it in there because I bought it. I don' think it is in the design of the Savage to be a soft bolt.
I know a worn out cocking sleeve on the older 110 makes for a real HARD bolt lift. I wonder if this is not where the solution lies ?

I know a worn out cocking sleeve on the older 110 makes for a real HARD bolt lift. I wonder if this is not where the solution lies ?
My old flat back is really tough and I couldn't find a kit for it.

My two newer ones aren't as bad. Put the BLK in the Wokemoor and it is just meh...
My 338 was converted to a siingle shot so don't much mind it.