Hammer bullets

Anyone using hammer bullets for deer? Just curious if they are to tough for whitetail?
They sure are. I use the 75 gr HH on deer in my 257 and 250 AI rifles. Kill like lightning and fully penetrate. Unless youre shooting long ranges, use the lightest bullets because heavy copper bullets are unnecessary. The only difference in killing between my 75 gr 257 bullets and the 175 gr 338 bullets is the size of the entrance and exit holes. The deer died just as quick with either one

155 Absolute Hammer 3186 fps from a 280 AI, Bang Flop!

b168b09ca1cc5f4f2131d4b0f4f7c885.jpg

What cal are you shooting the 143 in?
I used 143 hh in my 28 nosler @3550 fps, last year in South africa. they did everything claimed! accurate, about .25 moa in my gun. all my long range data was spot on at that speed, and altitude with Bo adjustments. I had Kills with perfect performance on blesbuck at 525, blue wildabeast at 787, and my longest range shot ever, a big zebra stallion at 1046. bullet performance was perfect for my liking! thanks go out to Steve at HH for his input! if you haven't tried Hammer bullets then maybe you shouldn't talk negative about them. I also like barnes ttsx but believe the HH are a step up!

Same here, we lost two does in 2022 with 7-08 and Barnes TTSX, shot at 150 yards. I absolutely hate those bullets, not saying there bad, just not for me. Hammers behave differently, those petals shedding do some damage! Just make sure you drive them fast, I'd like my impact velocity to be 2000 fps or above.
The wound you see was one of the secondary petals coming out. Buck went 15 feet and dropped.
What weight bullet were you shooting?

All of the below are whitetails.

25-06 shooting 90gr Absolute Hammers at 3611 fps muzzle velocity. 3 shots fired, 3 dead deer. 1 bang flop without so much as a twitch, 2 ran in a circle and piled up within 20 yards of where I shot them.

6.5 CM shooting 85gr Hammer Hunters at 3402 fps muzzle velocity. 1 shot fired, 1 dead deer. It also did the circular death run.

It's starting to seem like the circular death run is a thing....

That one shot with the 6.5CM we hung over night to chill out and then deboned it the next morning. Offside shoulder had the bullet hole through it, but it had zero bloodshot meat. Dangdest thing I ever seen. Cubed up the meat and ground it into breakfast sausage. The cube with the hole went straight into the grinder with no trimming needed. Gotta love that :)