Hammer bullets

I had a bad experience with Barnes solid copper bullets penciling on deer. That's the reason I'm a little nervous about solid

Same here, we lost two does in 2022 with 7-08 and Barnes TTSX, shot at 150 yards. I absolutely hate those bullets, not saying there bad, just not for me. Hammers behave differently, those petals shedding do some damage! Just make sure you drive them fast, I'd like my impact velocity to be 2000 fps or above.
The wound you see was one of the secondary petals coming out. Buck went 15 feet and dropped.

Attachments

• IMG_1185.jpeg
    IMG_1185.jpeg
    2.5 MB · Views: 167
Same here, we lost two does in 2022 with 7-08 and Barnes TTSX, shot at 150 yards. I absolutely hate those bullets, not saying there bad, just not for me. Hammers behave differently, those petals shedding do some damage! Just make sure you drive them fast, I'd like my impact velocity to be 2000 fps or above.
The wound you see was one of the secondary petals coming out. Buck went 15 feet and dropped.
From what I have researched 1800 fps is the magic number for full potential. I'm holding that out to 350 yards with my 358

Recent Posts