Good article on why everyone either loves or hates the 6.5cr

Mud was often found tearing apart the Creedmoor much like you @ButterBean . Better watch who you compare people too when you have more in common with others than you may realize 😉. I'm out of this dumpster fire though.

Mud was often found tearing apart the Creedmoor much like you @ButterBean . Better watch who you compare people too when you have more in common with others than you may realize 😉. I'm out of this dumpster fire though.
That's where you wrong, again, I'm not tearing down the Needmoor as I have said numerous times I think it's a great round, As I said earlier it's folks like you ( and many others) with the " I have the ballistic superior end all gun that will do anything " is where I have the problem, You are the one that turned this in to the dumpster fire with all your " Superior " posts, It was a decent discussion up until then, You and many others that I have had this same discussion with all have the same down fall, Without a Laser Range Finder and a Kestrel you couldn't hit a pop can at 100 yards ( Hence my challenge )and yes I have a range finder but I do not use a kestrel, with that being said if my battery goes dead I still have the ability to range targets with great accuracy and a Kestrel to me is useless as it only reads wind where you are, I will not risk a hunt on a piece of electronics no matter what they cost or how good they are supposed to be. And you comparing me to Mud is a desperate grasp for you to save some face here but it's a failed attempt, Have a good day

Last edited:
I like to pour my spiced runm over ice because I like to drink it cold. But I suppose a real pirate would tell me I'm a Sissy unless I drink it straight out of the bottle. That's what a lot of these conversations about the creedmore are like.

Agreed....but if they had ice I think it would be different!

7 Sherman creedmoor Ackley improved
50 BMG case with a .582 rebated rim to fit in a standard repeater, necked down to 7mm with a 57 degree shoulder. It will send a 195 EOL at 5000 fps out of a 24" barrel.

Note: should not be used in fire prone areas as the muzzle blast will ignite any grass within 40 ft of the muzzle. Also useful for grilling in the woods if you prefer steaks charred on the outside and red in the middle.

50 BMG case with a .582 rebated rim to fit in a standard repeater, necked down to 7mm with a 57 degree shoulder. It will send a 195 EOL at 5000 fps out of a 24" barrel.

Note: should not be used in fire prone areas as the muzzle blast will ignite any grass within 40 ft of the muzzle. Also useful for grilling in the woods if you prefer steaks charred on the outside and red in the middle.
Can Kill Elk at 2 miles, bullets ignore the wind, also the elk is already cooked when you get there.

Don't forget, it's already been adopted by a secret military faction of the US Government but it's so secret we can't say.

Ok I must of missed something! BB: you actually have feelings? Such a sensitive guy and bruises so easily. Holy cow, do you need a hug from these posts?😂😂😂
Spitting coffe.gif

I'm aware of the .300wm, .338lapua and .50BMG being adopted as Sniper rounds.

I think one recent evolution of sniper rifles has been a switch barrel system adopted.

It had 3 barrel s I think. One being b.308 for practice and use, a .300 magnum variant and one other. (Just found link)

I have a .300wm in a sporter and quite like it among others.

I can't vouch for the accuracy of that video but I take it the system vhas been adopted by the US military.

No 6.5cm in the contract package.

As for my cartridge choices I read, listen, research, consider and form an opinion.
Then I read enough to convince myself that the opinion I formed meets my requirements, wants needs and desires.

Then I read enough supporting evidence (disregarding the rest) to convince MYSELF, that my choice fits my requirements of the time or intended purpose.

The Big Boy above has it right.

The Creedmoor and it's High BC projectiles perform on paper.

Inside 500yards I've compared enough reviews to show the 7mm-08 is the better hunting round and that both probably should be limited to 500 for hunting!

For drop, drift, energy and velocity the 7mm-08 has a slight advantage over 6.5cm.

For long range target the 6.5cm performs in its class and does what it was designed for.

This however being a Long Range Hunting forum I suggest the 6.5 Creedmor is discounted as a long range Hunting round. By hunting I would suggest Coyote and bigger.

It's probably a good varmint round with the right projectiles.

I would consider it for hunting within reasonable ranges on small game with appropriate projectiles.

It probably has a place for junior hunters and the recoil sensitive but for hunting as always shot placement is paramount.

For now, I don't have a use for it and I can't help but make fun of it, Man Buns and the Latte crowd.

Nothing wrong with them. I have loaded for a bunch of them.
I own a 6CM. Love it. But for a 6.5mm smaller case capacity rifle, I do not own one, probably never will. Call it stubborness. I have a 6.5SLR, and am getting the last item together for a new .260AI. Thought about a 6.5x47L, but want the ability to push the 140 class bullets a bit faster for hunting.

Butterbean: Wow! That guy really set you off. You said: "You and many others that I have had this same discussion with all have the same down fall, Without a Laser Range Finder and a Kestrel you couldn't hit a pop can at 100 yards ( Hence my challenge )"

I do totally agree with you about LR shooting, though. The hard part isn't the long range, it is the dadgum wind.

But I could take you up on the 100 yard popcan challenge with my 6.5 Creedmoor (no rangefinder or Kestrel required) except I'm pretty sure I can do it with a 22 Long Rifle. I'm not even sure I have a scoped rifle that can't hit a popcan @ 100 yards. And that's only because I can't see iron sights anymore. But I know guys who could meet the challenge at 200 yards with a CZ P-09 9mm pistol. He already has done it.

My reservation about the 6.5 Creedmoor is the killing power where big game is concerned. Although a lot of guys have proved it on Elk, I still think that a heavier, faster bullet would give me more confidence in a faster drop and kill. I'm not one who wants to blood trail anything more than 60 or 70 yards. If ya have to do that, I am OK with using a bigger cartridge.