Everybody loves the WSM, so why are brass companies ignoring it?

I doudt you will see a 30 cal take off in F-Class not anytime soon anyway.
The 7mm's seem to have that niche. The 284 Shehane and now Alex's 7.5-6.5 Prc seems to be taking off now that Eric Cortina did so well with it.
I shot my 7-300wsm against Joe Fairley's 7 Max at V2 in June, we were both shooting 184s and our 2 rifles held a combined SD of 5 in our first match. That max is a great setup and Joe is an elite shooter (he beat me by the way and finished 3rd, but it was pretty darn close). I love the big 7s, but I think there's a lot of misinformation about trends in F-class. The 7s are more popular, but out of the 32 invited shooters, at least 6 were running 300wsms. If the Berger 215 hybrid was more available, you'd see twice that.

I don't think thete are any "patent issues" wirh 7wsm---- once a cartridge is submitted to saami and accepted, it's open source.

7mm has never really been big in the US, the US loves its 30 cals.

If more people bought it, more rifles would be chambered in it, and more ammo would be sold/offered, therefore more brass companies would make and sell it.
Right now it's a supply and demand issue I think ( iirc both Peterson and adg have said at one point they will make it)--- manufactures are going to make what sells the most--- if there were more demand, then there would be more availability

I shot my 7-300wsm against Joe Fairley's 7 Max at V2 in June, we were both shooting 184s and our 2 rifles held a combined SD of 5 in our first match. That max is a great setup and Joe is an elite shooter (he beat me by the way and finished 3rd, but it was pretty darn close). I love the big 7s, but I think there's a lot of misinformation about trends in F-class. The 7s are more popular, but out of the 32 invited shooters, at least 6 were running 300wsms. If the Berger 215 hybrid was more available, you'd see twice that.
Not all shooters can handle the recoil of a 30 cal on 20 shot strings to shoot competion accuracy. That is exactly why Eric Cortina said he abandoned the 300wsm.
I'm not saying there won't be any just that for now the 7mm seems to rule.
I dont think its a 215 thing either, most BR shooters buy 1,000's of bullets at a time Charles Greer set the new record with 220's ive seen few other guys say they like 210's then there is some custom 30 cals available.

Just got my 7 WSM barrel installed…bedding next week after the holiday

Attachments

• IMG_4091.jpeg
    IMG_4091.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 27
Dunno about that the 300 prc got way more attention than I thought, and the 300 rum has maintained staying power that has always surprised me.

Not all shooters can handle the recoil of a 30 cal on 20 shot strings to shoot competion accuracy. That is exactly why Eric Cortina said he abandoned the 300wsm.
I'm not saying there won't be any just that for now the 7mm seems to rule.
I dont think its a 215 thing either, most BR shooters buy 1,000's of bullets at a time Charles Greer set the new record with 220's ive seen few other guys say they like 210's then there is some custom 30 cals available.
Valid point as well, Sherm. Every one I've seen had a R.A.D. (as does mine).

IMO it was the press that pushed the cartridge and not the true realty. I shoot the SAUM's.
It was the cool factor of 165's at light speed….flat to a mile….or so they said.

If it was designed in reality, it would have a 3.0 oal, 170-190 gr mono's with 8-9 twist! It needs more twist, more head height and more oal.

Now I'm pumped to dremel out my KRG stock and get it going over the winter!