Everybody loves the WSM, so why are brass companies ignoring it?

Rich,
What recipe to fire-form the brass for the Mega, I have a barrel coming soon and the 300 might just be the ticket in a LA.
Just load a moderate wsm load and shoot or you can use shotgun powder if you want. They are head spaced and shoot pretty darn well while fire forming though, and you have to break the barrel in anyway.
My buddy ran a 215 up to 3050 and had a little left, but not much. Probably max out at 3075+.
H1000 and N565 will run past 3000 a little. the 300 has 85 capacity and .342" neck. Kind of a WSM on steroids.
Ill be surprised if they aren't discovered in Fclass!

Just load a moderate wsm load and shoot or you can use shotgun powder if you want. They are head spaced and shoot pretty darn well while fire forming though, and you have to break the barrel in anyway.
My buddy ran a 215 up to 3050 and had a little left, but not much. Probably max out at 3075+.
H1000 and N565 will run past 3000 a little. the 300 has 85 capacity and .342" neck. Kind of a WSM on steroids.
Ill be surprised if they aren't discovered in Fclass!
That's awesome and easy! Thanks

The 7WSM has to be the most underrated cartridge of all time. I've had two custom rifles in 7WSM and they shoot great but brass has always been an issue. I just dropped my 7WSM off at the smith to have it rebarrled to 6.5PRC. I built another rifle in 7PRC to replace the WSM, but, so far the 7PRC will not group as well at 400yds. Both the WSM and the PRC shoot the same bullets at the same speed. If I could get quality 7WSM brass it would remain my #1 cartridge for LR whitetails and similar critters.

I did reform some 300WSM brass into 7WSM but it was a big PITA. It's much easier to rechamber to 7-300WSM or 7-270WSM.

I LOVED my 300WSM's but it was just a bit too much recoil for me to enjoy. Enter the SAUM's and I found my sweet spot and sold my WSM's. That's a personal preference and don't forget that I prefer lightweight rifles. I imagine that SAUM brass is harder to find but I bought a boat load when I bought the rifles. I've always been that way. Too many years of hearing people complain that they can't find brass or the prices are ridiculous after the new wears off and manufacturers move onto the more popular fan boy cartridges.

Manufacturers that make brass want to only make it for their favorite cartridges typically. Plus the latest hottest whiz bang cartridge is what most handloaders are clambering for. The WSM's are old news these days but are excellent cartridges and I take nothing away from them.

I need to dig around in my boxes of brass I no longer use and sell some of that stuff. No idea if I have WSM brass but it wouldn't surprise me. If so it'd probably be Remington or Winchester.

If the brass wasn't $2-3 each, not to mention loaded ammo, you'd see a lot more wsm builds/purchases. Not disagreeing with you, but I think the price/availability is driving the market more than consumer interest. If mfgs think their sales are limited by popularity over price and limited availability, they're fooling themselves.

Having 3 WSMs and a SAUM wildcat that uses WSM brass, I see the benefit, even shooting long-range f-class. But most of my guns are custom and I own the reamers, the juice is still worth the squeeze for me.
Same here. I don't shoot a single mainstream cartridge other than a .308 and I suppose a 6.5 Grendel.

Every other cartridge I own is a modified case, including a 6.5 SAUM & most recently a 300 SAUM.

TRY FINDING QUALITY 300 SAUM brass. 🫤

I also own all of my own Reamers.

But the reality is, manufacturers are going to focus on what sells.

ADG (brass, not the company site) is where I found 7saum and 300wsm brass as most is nonexistent anywhere? My 6.5prc brass came the way of Norma ammo as it was cheaper than brass only. Finding ammo in most short mag type costing $3+/per gives options, but it's the horrible way to choose! Either long or xm actions do benefit the short mag better for BA's. I don't know if I'll ever do a short mag in BA when I can do it in an AR. I have my 264wm, 300wm and 338lm's, so my BA's are covered. It would be nice if you could send in fired brass to which ever company you want and have them turn it into your needs/wants! Just wishful thinking until the world gets back to normal?

Same here. I don't shoot a single mainstream cartridge other than a .308 and I suppose a 6.5 Grendel.

Every other cartridge I own is a modified case, including a 6.5 SAUM & most recently a 300 SAUM.

TRY FINDING QUALITY 300 SAUM brass. 🫤

I also own all of my own Reamers.

But the reality is, manufacturers are going to focus on what sells.
I have some 300 Norma saum brand new if you're interested

I doudt you will see a 30 cal take off in F-Class not anytime soon anyway.
The 7mm's seem to have that niche. The 284 Shehane and now Alex's 7.5-6.5 Prc seems to be taking off now that Eric Cortina did so well with it.

I have wondered the same about the WSMs. I want a 300WSM pretty badly, but I ended up getting a 6.5 PRC because I can always get brass and even factory ammo for it now. I'm glad I did, stellar cartridge, but I would still like to build out a 300WSM and might never be able to.
Depending on if you're choosy on brass ADG has some available at Montana Accuracy. That's where I found 7saum.

I have wondered the same about the WSMs. I want a 300WSM pretty badly, but I ended up getting a 6.5 PRC because I can always get brass and even factory ammo for it now. I'm glad I did, stellar cartridge, but I would still like to build out a 300WSM and might never be able to.
I had my 300 wsm built last year and put alerts out for brass. Got 200 adg no problem. Then I watched for forums for guys selling ammo and ended up buy 15 boxes of different 300 wsm ammo for cheap.