Good article on why everyone either loves or hates the 6.5cr

That's all you have to say Is "I too drive a Ford" and I bet if someone asks you will explain it's "Superiority " to all other trucks ( as the football stadiums fill up with them) and that anyone who drives anything else is stuck in the 1950's and is handicapping themselves by their own ignorance ( Winkey Face, Winkey Face)
Not the best Creedmoor Crawfish I have seen but I'll score it a 6.5 anyway
Yeah because that's exactly how I feel 🙄. Don't get your feelings all hurt now.

Cheers Brothers!

Talisker 18.jpg

I'm aware of the .300wm, .338lapua and .50BMG being adopted as Sniper rounds.

I think one recent evolution of sniper rifles has been a switch barrel system adopted.

It had 3 barrel s I think. One being b.308 for practice and use, a .300 magnum variant and one other. (Just found link)

I have a .300wm in a sporter and quite like it among others.

I can't vouch for the accuracy of that video but I take it the system vhas been adopted by the US military.

No 6.5cm in the contract package.

As for my cartridge choices I read, listen, research, consider and form an opinion.
Then I read enough to convince myself that the opinion I formed meets my requirements, wants needs and desires.

Then I read enough supporting evidence (disregarding the rest) to convince MYSELF, that my choice fits my requirements of the time or intended purpose.

The Big Boy above has it right.

The Creedmoor and it's High BC projectiles perform on paper.

Inside 500yards I've compared enough reviews to show the 7mm-08 is the better hunting round and that both probably should be limited to 500 for hunting!

For drop, drift, energy and velocity the 7mm-08 has a slight advantage over 6.5cm.

For long range target the 6.5cm performs in its class and does what it was designed for.

This however being a Long Range Hunting forum I suggest the 6.5 Creedmor is discounted as a long range Hunting round. By hunting I would suggest Coyote and bigger.

It's probably a good varmint round with the right projectiles.

I would consider it for hunting within reasonable ranges on small game with appropriate projectiles.

It probably has a place for junior hunters and the recoil sensitive but for hunting as always shot placement is paramount.

For now, I don't have a use for it and I can't help but make fun of it, Man Buns and the Latte crowd.

The newest military contracts ive heard of for light sidarms and snippet rifles is a hihgly upgraded model of the m40 something like this and apparently they are working on a model of the new 6.8 but 6.5 is mot even interesting to them
I'm skipping over all 5 pages of comments thus far as these threads can be a bit poisonous but kinda fun. It has all of the limitations expected, it has many equals, and plenty of superiors. It was/is a popular round, with fantastic marketing and great supply at one time. I don't currently own or manage any man buns, nor do I consider myself an expert or the best. I'm just a guy whose modified his 6.5 Creedmoor over the years to be the best possible weapon ever assembled with the best ever ballistics possible on this planet, enjoys shooting it and evolving in the sport to own many other Calibers and who occasionally puts his hair up into a circular shape with aide from a rubber band or hair tie. Thank you
You've clearly not heard of the mighty 7mm as it has no match until you get to 50cal balisticaly speaking

Attachments

• 20210508_173634.jpg
    20210508_173634.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 46