Glock 10mm bear loads

Going to try the Buffalo Bore 220 gr in my Glock. next yr going to Wyoming and will be packing it. Looking for a respectable handload since I have not reloaded in awhile. Do the 10mm Glock prefer any brass brand over another ? Thank you. Ed
Go check out underwood ammo. They have some amazing loads for 10mm. I shoot several diffrent ones out my glock model 40..

Going to try the Buffalo Bore 220 gr in my Glock. next yr going to Wyoming and will be packing it. Looking for a respectable handload since I have not reloaded in awhile. Do the 10mm Glock prefer any brass brand over another ? Thank you. Ed
You are kidding

You are kidding right?. The S&W 500 states for bear use nothing less than a 500 grain bullet..... The BEST BEAR DEFENSE IS BEAR SPRAY..... period. No if and or buts... Wyoming had made it a requirement to have bear spray in certain areas. You need to check the latest Wyoming regulations.... If you go with the 10, make sure and save the last bullet for yourself.......

Ed, I do not know if you have see the thread about this very subject, however, I have 4 clients with Glock 20's we have test fired just about all the 180, 190, 200 and 220 grain loads. the one thing I can tell you is ditch the 220 grain buffalo bore loads, your gun will never stabilize them. you have to use cut rifling (new barrel time) and the current twist in your barrel and all other 10 MM barrels will not stabilize the 220 grain slug. sorry to let you in on this late, but none of my client's guns, even when equipped with KKM precision barrels was able to shoot the 220 buffalo bore ammo.
as for reload supplies, I would use Starline brass and 200 and 180 grain slugs from Hornady and Nosler.
I was successful in putting down a California Black Bear with 2 shot from a 41 Mag 210 grain Nosler HP slug. Maxed out Win 296 powder and Starline brass.

good luck in Wyoming.

Having spent quite a bit of time with a 10mm Colt when they first came out, I would have to STRONGLY recommend against betting your life on that round when it comes to bear. Granted, the only bear I know about are black bear, but even those would leave me nervous with a 10mm.
The trade off is to carry what you can shoot. Shoot under the conditions which may be present when you need it most. Try a stress/shooting test and see how it goes. I know for myself, and from what I learned from years of training people to survive an armed encounter, when the defecation strikes the rotary oscillator, accuracy tends to fall off a bit.
Pepper spray is a good option. It works on bear most of the time.( Works on me 100% of the time.)
If a 10mm is what you decide to use, please consider, for your well being, something other than a Glock. I carried Glocks for years, and repaired a great many for those I worked with. You won't find a Glock in my house.
If you intend to hunt with a partner, you should be able to get by with a 25acp. Just knee cap him, and run.

Penetration is the key...140gr Lehigh or G9 get the most penetration and have less recoil than the 180, 200 or 220 grain bullets. Less recoil equals less barrel rise, therefore you will be able to stay on target without having to muscle up. In the heat of the moment when the adrenaline is pumping all of this comes into play. There is no drill or practice regimen that can prepare someone for a Grizzly Bear attack. Also, when on a back country hunt weight savings is important. Every ounce counts and those heavier bullets will make a light pistol fee like a 44 mag revolver. I carry the Glock 29SF and with 180/200gr rounds it easily weighs 6lbs. Each to their own, stay aware of your surroundings and trust your instincts. Godspeed

You are kidding right?. The S&W 500 states for bear use nothing less than a 500 grain bullet..... The BEST BEAR DEFENSE IS BEAR SPRAY..... period. No if and or buts... Wyoming had made it a requirement to have bear spray in certain areas. You need to check the latest Wyoming regulations.... If you go with the 10, make sure and save the last bullet for yourself.......

Bear spray is fake news pushed by PETA and other tree huggers. Have a read:
https://www.ammoland.com/2018/02/de...s-rate-37-incidents-by-caliber/#axzz63bXDv9ZB

your goal in one of these situations is to live, whether that means killing it or deterring it. Handguns work. Period. I have done a ton of research on this since I spend a lot of time hunting in grizzly country and decided on a glock 29.

I have a glock 10mm and the first thing I did was take out the new factory barrel and put in a Lone Wolf barrel just to shoot lead.. I carry it as a deterrent for bears when I hunt

Somebody may know the details on this but I've read several times on several similar threads. Am I correct they (wardens) carry the g20 at the North Pole for polar bear deterrent?

Bear spray is my first defense with a 45 long colt for back up. I've lived in and hunted western Wyoming for over 40 years and surprise bear encounters are usually end better when bear spray is used.

I'd rather have a good accurate 10mm hardcast for bear backup than a 500 s&w that you can't control. Hits count misses don't and in a life or death bear encounter, what good will a big bore 475,454 or 500 do if one can't shoot accurately and effectively? Most likely a big 500 or 454 won't be a drt hit either unless it's a brain or central nervous system hit.

I lived in Cody for several years. I spent a lot of time in Sunlight Basin and hunted the Thorofare at least 7 times. Ran into Forest Service Rangers a couple times, wardens several times and one guy who worked for the State to make sure outfitters were legit and had their paperwork, etc., in order. Everyone of them carried side arms. Never saw any of them carrying spray. I've carried both depending on what I'm doing...