Load data for 10mm

Powder coating does give an extra amount of protection as powder coat actually don't burn,it gets hot but don't burn.
If you shoot indoors you will notice the smell from any coated bullet,powder coat or epoxy based coating.
On some forums 1 or 2 person's says the fumes put off due to coatings is a known hazard,maybe even a carcinogen.
A chemist chimed in and said that powder coat does not actually burn so it can't release the type of fumes to be listed as a known hazard/carcinogen but the Lead Styphnate in primers is a known hazard as well as a well known carcinogen.So shooting indoors is not recommended for anyone.

There are pictures of powder coated bullets reclaimed from shooting and all have no burn marks and could be remelted and reused and most do remelt them,you just have to pull the glob of old powder coat out of the lead pot and discard.

Last edited:
Thanks for the information, very interesting, where have all the old wheel weights gone? I have about 350 lbs of old roofing lead sheets which is pretty close to pure, I have to find a place that will melt it down and add tin and antimony for me then put it into lead ingots for down-the-road needs. Cheers

The "environmentalists" have been pushing very hard to eliminate the use of lead throughout many industries……wheel weights are just a portion of that effort.

We already know about the push to totally eliminate lead in factory produced ammunition in some states as well as on government land!

Thank goodness I started a slow buildup of my wheel weigh inventory 30+ years ago. The same for my 22 rimfire inventory and my reloading component inventory! Just a small part of being a good prepper!

Food, water, tools, ammunition (+ the ability to produce your own), the ability to raise your own food, and a secure location are just part of preparation.

Many folks will not miss any of the above stuff……until they don't have it! 😉 memtb

Blue Dot was the only powder that I found would give me the velocity noted in Coopers design. Most factory ammo and most load data has been pusified to lower velocity. I was able to get a 200gr bullet to 1200 fps after trying a lot of powders.

The "environmentalists" have been pushing very hard to eliminate the use of lead throughout many industries……wheel weights are just a portion of that effort.

We already know about the push to totally eliminate lead in factory produced ammunition in some states as well as on government land!

Thank goodness I started a slow buildup of my wheel weigh inventory 30+ years ago. The same for my 22 rimfire inventory and my reloading component inventory! Just a small part of being a good prepper!

Food, water, tools, ammunition (+ the ability to produce your own), the ability to raise your own food, and a secure location are just part of preparation.

Many folks will not miss any of the above stuff……until they don't have it! 😉 memtb
We think on the same linear line, I am very deep in .22 LR and .22 Mag like you I saw this coming way back when I'll never be able to shoot it all even if I tried, but my kids can, they'll be set in the future with my hand me down .22 LR rifles & pistols. I'm in the same conditions with my reloading supplies, another reason I have over 350 lbs of lead sheeting, plus all my manufactured lead bullets that I already have. Like it was in Noah case.... you don't need a boat until it starts raining. Like a tourniquet, if you don't use it, it was money well spent. Cheers.

Last edited:
For now I picked up 4 boxes of Underwood 220 gr hard cast and 4 boxes of HSM 200 gr hard cast but I will get a mold and cast my own later.I wanted to see which load shoots best in this new S&W M&P 2.0.
I had some 150 gr hollow point Noslers I had for many years and loaded a few with an old familiar load of Bluedot 10.7 grs that I used to use in my old Smith&Wesson many years ago.That is a pretty warm load.
These underwood bullets are Hardcast not just lead bullets theirs a difference !