10mm Auto: Need POWER loads!

sconnie264

Glock 20sf, 4.6" factory barrel as of now, aware that the stock barrel isn't the best, but went with that caliber for the acclaimed power, so, the nastier, the better! :D

I would highly recommend an after market barrel like KKM. I shot some of my power loads in brand new brass that left one of the worst smilies I have seen on brass.

Use the following at your own risk:
135 grn Nosler 13.2 grains of Long shot 1542fps
165 GSHP 10.4 grains of Long shot 1356fps
180 GSHP 9.6 grains of long shot 1294 fps\
200 XTP 8.2 grains of Long Shot 1172fps

All used the CCI 250 primers. I had a load for 200 grain BearTooth lead bullets (awsome bullet and accurate) that was pushing around 1200 FPS or more. Drop these loads by 1.0 grains and WORK UP from there.

Corey

i've used AA#9 and used SPEERs' loading data and it did prove to accurate from my G20 4.6" barrel.

they did Chrono 1225 ave with 200gr XTP HP bullets with 14.0gr of powder. I did NOT use Magnum primers just large pistol primers.

I used this load on once fired brass or new brass only with good results. no smiles on brass or splitting. I guess i got lucky with my gun cause these are really hot loads!

yea,im not sure how that is. with all my pistol loads im right on. 357 sig,10mm 9mm and my 44mag loads are sweet but my rifle loads like my 7mag or 338 edge they were a tad slow side comparied to others.

Don't have a 10MM . I have blown up 4 - 40 SW 's. My word of causion is " Do Not Crimp". If you DO , start with some kind of a marker and only kiss that case. You are entering the Danger Zone. Remember - they head space off the rifling. You need to know and understand this. If you crimp TOO hard, as I did , a chamber gauge may not show it. I feel what happened to me , as the shell fired -the case opened on to the lands and pinched the bullet , causing massive over preasure . I NO LONGER CRIMP MY AUTO BULLETS. Life has been good since. Oh yes, DO buy a chamber gauge. Case length is important. I mark all my cases on the stamp with a marker so I know what cases I pick up on the range are mine. I recycle any that are not. lightbulb

I run 12 grains of aa9 and a 180. I know it may not be the full power load your looking for but it takes care of bussiness and is easy on the brass.

Glock 20sf, 4.6" factory barrel as of now, aware that the stock barrel isn't the best, but went with that caliber for the acclaimed power, so, the nastier, the better! :D
Ok... what are you going to use it for? Target, Hunting, Self-Protection??? It does help when thinking of one. I'm a big fan of the 135gr Nosler as fast as I can get it going for SD in my KKM supported barrel, I like the 180gr for woods and field and the 200gr plus hard lead for heavy game.

G20 Gen 3  10 mm 018 - Copy.JPG

G20 Gen 3  10 mm 014 - Copy.JPG

hunting
Light game Underwood 180 XTP and 200 XTP
Heavy Dangerous Game Underwood Hardcast 200gr and 220gr

I would highly recommend an after market barrel like KKM. I shot some of my power loads in brand new brass that left one of the worst smilies I have seen on brass.

Use the following at your own risk:
135 grn Nosler 13.2 grains of Long shot 1542fps
165 GSHP 10.4 grains of Long shot 1356fps
180 GSHP 9.6 grains of long shot 1294 fps\
200 XTP 8.2 grains of Long Shot 1172fps

All used the CCI 250 primers. I had a load for 200 grain BearTooth lead bullets (awsome bullet and accurate) that was pushing around 1200 FPS or more. Drop these loads by 1.0 grains and WORK UP from there.

Corey
CCI 350 primers
What was your 200gr Hardcast load I just got some to reload !

Springfield XDM Elite would be a good choice. Leave your revolvers at home. If a grizzly comes for you it will certainly be a defining moment of your life, and your only way out will be to punch it's brain pan. The more CONTROLLABLE shots at your disposal the better. Read The Real Gunsmith's Grizzly Tales Part 1 & 2 on YouTube.