Glock 10mm bear loads

Great post and good timing. My son is getting stationed in Alaska and my carry pistol while visiting on hunts and fishing with him will be a Glock 10mm with a KKM barrel.

Still shopping for commercial loads to help if something bumps into us.

Going to try the Buffalo Bore 220 gr in my Glock. next yr going to Wyoming and will be packing it. Looking for a respectable handload since I have not reloaded in awhile. Do the 10mm Glock prefer any brass brand over another ? Thank you. Ed
In Alaska we use Underwood and Buffalo Bore Hardcast in 200 and 220 grain in 10mm for Bear Protection with 200gr being the most preferred.
No Hollow Points for Bear Protection !

Last edited:
Anyone here have experience stopping a Grizz and Brownswith 10mm and hard cast bullets? Or and 10mm bullets for that matter.
200gr Hardcast G20

Attachments

• IMG_0075.jpeg
    IMG_0075.jpeg
    76.3 KB · Views: 22
Bear spray is fake news pushed by PETA and other tree huggers. Have a read:
https://www.ammoland.com/2018/02/de...s-rate-37-incidents-by-caliber/#axzz63bXDv9ZB

your goal in one of these situations is to live, whether that means killing it or deterring it. Handguns work. Period. I have done a ton of research on this since I spend a lot of time hunting in grizzly country and decided on a glock 29
Let the Tree Huggers wear the Bell and Whistles and use the bear Spray less Biden voters for 2024 elections to vote !

Somebody may know the details on this but I've read several times on several similar threads. Am I correct they (wardens) carry the g20 at the North Pole for polar bear deterrent?
No we carry 12Ga shotgun with Breneke Slugs and also HAZE when appropriate with rubber slugs when the bears come to town. Certain parts of Canada Mounted Police and Greenland use G20 as issued sidearms. But the G20 with 200gr Hardcast is very popular in Alaska as trail pistol.

That's what I installed in my G20 from the spring kit sold by NDZ Performance.
Ran out of AA#9 so will see how it likes Longshot tomorrow.
I had the NDZ 22 pound in my G20 Gen 4
But Santa came early GS Pure Tungsten / 22 pound in it now. Gave some more weight to the front for sure. I am running Longshot as AA9 impossible to find !

I went to Idaho this summer to visit family and hike. I carried a Glock G40 with handloaded Montana Bullet Works 200gr hardcast over Alliant #9.

I went to Idaho this summer to visit family and hike. I carried a Glock G40 with handloaded Montana Bullet Works 200gr hardcast over Alliant #9.

Yes that is the same bullet I am using !
Montana Hardcast but AA9 is hard to find !

Last edited:
Yes that is the same bullet I am using !
Montana Hardcast but AA9 is hard to find !
I posted Alliant but it should've been Accurate #9.

I posted Alliant but it should've been Accurate #9.

I thank you !
But to get it to Alaska it's difficult!