10mm auto powerrecommendations

dfitz7604

Hello all,

I am looking for powder recommendations to load with for 10mm auto with 180 gr bullets. I have all the components but powder. I've never loaded pistol so I'm not well versed in pistol powders.

Thank you in advance
Daniel

If you think its a short cased .41mag Blue Dot is your Huckleberry. That's all I load in a 10MM anymore anyway. That's also where I found accuracy. Loads in the old Speer manual are quite over max today. Guess pistols were stronger in the old days. That's where all the accuracy was with mine with 180's in a 6" 1911. YMMV but use every caution working up just like an other cartridge.

Longshot. Lower powder weight than many competing powders and it's a lot more forgiving than most other medium/slow burn rate powders I've used. It also gives the best velocities of any powder I could find. I've also used it in a few really far off-book recipes for bolt action rifles and it's been a stunner.

I couldn't get the accuracy with Longshot I got with blue dot. Fine powder though. Folks pushing the edge will usually use that, Blue Dot or AA9. All the powders mentioned above by everyone can be used to build fine loads. There are others that work well also. Pretty cool these days with stuff so hard to find.

Wow, thank you all for the recommendations. I will do some looking in my books to find charge weights. I hope I can find some of these powders locally.

I can tell you a Glock 20 1993 model can handle 15.0 of blue dot behind a 180. The cases cant and the pistol eats them up like candy. This was my first ever shots and I shot a magazine with this pistol. I thought there is no way on gods green earth will I be able to shoot this thing. Picked up the brass and thought WTH??!!! Yeah, it was supposed to be 10.5, and I just slid the grain weight instead of the .1grain. I did not have a chronograph and I will not be trying it again to find the velocity. I know the slide will slam all the way against the back hard enough to jolt your arm. 🤫