10mm auto powerrecommendations

I loaded some 10mm with 150 gr Nosler How Point with Alliant Power Pistol powder and had good accuracy.
Alliant website has load data for the bullet of your choice.
Powder Valley had some A#9 instock a couple of days ago.
I always keep a pound or 2 or 3 as it is a go to powder also for 40 cal and 10 mm.I just wanted to try a different powder to see if it shoots any better than A#9.
Tried it all ……BE 86 / Longshot / 800x / Blu Dot
With 200 / 220 bullets AA 9 is my favorite.
Very safe to reload with in 10mm. But to get the highest vel I always used CCI 350 primers burns clean too ! I am totally out of AA9 and none in town. I have some Longshot as for 150 Nosler the AA7 always performed great.

I haven't seen no. 9 and Blue Dot in the LGS or Cabela's in DE. I just saw a lot of vendors at the Oaks Gun Show in Pa with 1 and 4 pound containers of #9 & Blue Dot.

Last edited:
Tried it all ……BE 86 / Longshot / 800x / Blu Dot
With 200 / 220 bullets AA 9 is my favorite.
Very safe to reload with in 10mm. But to get the highest vel I always used CCI 350 primers burns clean too ! I am totally out of AA9 and none in town. I have some Longshot as for 150 Nosler the AA7 always performed great.
Good opportune post! I just started to load the 10 and had brick of 350's to try!

Hmm…. I think I got some magnum pistol primers looking for a use. No. 9 has been in my warm 10mm recipe for a while now. Guess I'll have to work up a load. I use Montana bullet works 200gr WFN with the coating on it.

For those that can't find A#9 powder,Powder Valley has it in stock.
Yep it sucks to pay SHIPPING and HAZMAT but at least you have it.
I got some 2 weeks ago from Powder Valley and it came pretty fast.

Sure looks like extreme defense or extreme penetrators in the mag. My favorite ammo too. As far as I can tell, those rounds use several different powders, per Lehigh Defense.
Yep, here's an older video out of a G40 but, the real-world differences between the G40 and G20SF aren't much believe me. Perhaps you haven't seen it. Cheers

Recent Posts