Global Warming or not

Yep the ones at longer distances sound better. I run electronic muffs and love the pops and splats they let you hear.

I only shot two dillos with a center fire one at 250 the other a 487 yds. with my 243 with a 105 a max. My hearing is not so good didn't hear a thing, the rest have been with rimfires. A week later after shooting the dillos a coyote came by and stopped the check the one out at 487 and I got him too. LOL:)

Well guys it is just weather sorry to say always has been! This old Earth has been heating and cooling since the beginning of it. We will be long gone and it will still be heating and cooling. As long as man has lived on Earth they have handled it in the past and they will in the future too.

I just saw another big cottonmouth. A few minutes ago. It was low 30s this morning and 62 now at 3:00 . I am starting to get jumpy. Don't like seeing snakes in January. It ain't natural. But I will deal with it. Have to break out my snake boots. I haven't seen this many cottonmouths in years around here.

I just saw another big cottonmouth. A few minutes ago. It was low 30s this morning and 62 now at 3:00 . I am starting to get jumpy. Don't like seeing snakes in January. It ain't natural. But I will deal with it. Have to break out my snake boots. I haven't seen this many cottonmouths in years around here.

You need to start saving some turkey to eat the babys snakes .lightbulb
No one around you is shooting hawks are they???

We have hawks, owls, turkey and now Bald Eagles so on my farm we dont see a lot of snakes.

You need to start saving some turkey to eat the babys snakes .lightbulb
No one around you is shooting hawks are they???

We have hawks, owls, turkey and now Bald Eagles so on my farm we dont see a lot of snakes.

I got two red tail hawks that stay around here. See them every day. Saw a flock of turkeys the other day don't hunt them on this farm. I got a place up off the River that has 10 times the turkey. Saw and Eagle last year eating one of the armadillos I shot. I have not seen a lot of snakes either till this year. These snakes are so big I don't think anything but hogs would mess with them and I don't have hogs. My deer and coyote blind is 20yds from the den, I think. I have to walk right passed it. I will be wearing snake boots tomorrow.

My hawks are not too happy about the eagles moving in, but at least the eagles will stay on the creek eating fish more than the hawks will.
We have too many yotes to have hogs. They'll pick the piglets right off the sow's tit !

Here in Kalispell MT we are having the 3rd coldest winter on record. I just had the largest heat bill I have ever had in 25 years by almost $100. So I am worried that just as the game populations were coming back we are going to have a huge winter kill.

Steve

Be glad you don't live in our part of the country. North of I-20 we see/kill snakes 12 months a year and south of I-20 you can count on snakes being active at least 1-2 weeks a month even in the dead of winter. The biggest rattler I ever killed was over six feet long, weighed over 7 lbs and I killed her in early february.

I was at a field trial in Southern Arizona a few years back in January and even with lows below 20 degrees and highs just in the mid forties the Mojave Greens were coming out of the dens to sun in the middle of the day. I just thought we had it tough around here.

I got two red tail hawks that stay around here. See them every day. Saw a flock of turkeys the other day don't hunt them on this farm. I got a place up off the River that has 10 times the turkey. Saw and Eagle last year eating one of the armadillos I shot. I have not seen a lot of snakes either till this year. These snakes are so big I don't think anything but hogs would mess with them and I don't have hogs. My deer and coyote blind is 20yds from the den, I think. I have to walk right passed it. I will be wearing snake boots tomorrow.
Wild hogs and cats are the two best snake killers we have in this country.

My hawks are not too happy about the eagles moving in, but at least the eagles will stay on the creek eating fish more than the hawks will.
We have too many yotes to have hogs. They'll pick the piglets right off the sow's tit !
Naa, a coyote wouldn't stand a chance with hogs. They might pick off a baby here and there that strayed too far off from the pack but that's about it.

Here in Kalispell MT we are having the 3rd coldest winter on record. I just had the largest heat bill I have ever had in 25 years by almost $100. So I am worried that just as the game populations were coming back we are going to have a huge winter kill.

Steve
Let's hope not but winter is what weeds out the soft.

We're bouncing back and forth between extreme cold and as much as 30 degrees above normal. We've been as low as 7 degrees with the chill factor in the -15 to -20 range and 80 plus degree temp swings in the same week in December but it's nothing we've never seen before, the global warmers just make sure and try to keep convincing us that the world is coming to an end and the fossil fuel industries are responsible.

There's an incredible amount of money behind the "climate change" proponents.

I can't say either way, but looking at the scale models of the earth and the sun, the cycles of the sun having the greater effect makes the most sense to me.

Making the least sense is California trying to turn it all back to desert.

I can't say either way, but looking at the scale models of the earth and the sun, the cycles of the sun having the greater effect makes the most sense to me.

Making the least sense is California trying to turn it all back to desert.

Nothing n California makes any sense at all.

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.