Global Warming or not

Global warming is a myth... "Climate Change" is a more correct name, but the crap they are saying is incorrect. Al Gore is a moron, and there's just as many glaciers on earth and polar ice caps the day the Titanic sank, as there are today. It's just a fake money-grabbing scheme to keep people scared and living in fear, so greenies and hippies can sleep better at night, while the rest of us get more of our tax dollars ****ed away by an out-of-control EPA that puts impromptu and BS regulations on us and everything else, because they fudge documents and numbers to keep themselves "relevant", as if they ever were.

The world goes through climate change cycles, but always fluctuates hot and cold, it is not a single direction. Right now, we're in a hot cycle. It will go back to normal in a few years. History's weather patterns can prove this.

It's condescending and asinine to think that as humans we can actually affect the earth and our climate. We actually have a global impact between 3-7%. That's it. But they'll try to preach to you to tell you that things are totally opposite to freak you out to indoctrinate you to follow their beliefs of brainwashed delusions. Don't fall for the scam.

Like the FWP telling us that we are seeing less moose because of warmer summer temps and nothing to do with the introduction of wolves during the same period of moose decline.

I think many of the strangling regulations due to the junk science are going to loosen soon. :D

California's severe drought that they may never recover from seems to have ended. Looks like they should start building arks.

I think this warmer cycle is coming to an end just like it did in the 30's.

Steve

......I think many of the strangling regulations due to the junk science are going to loosen soon. :D

I think this warmer cycle is coming to an end just like it did in the 30's........

So much arrogance thinking we have much control, when one solar flare timed poorly, or one big volcano, and we're in an ice age, dark age, or sizzled.

Don't forget the oceans that burp cfc's daily from the process of decomposition that takes place, at a greater rate than we can cause annually. How about the forest fires that they allow to burn dumping all the pollutants into the atmosphere. That's much better than using the timber to build homes etc.

It is absolutely all about globalization and anti capitalism. Bunch of pin heads out there. I hope we are back on the track of reality. Don't give up the good fight.

Steve

The one scientific thing directly related to changing temps is the earth's magnetic field. Since 1850ish when we first learned how to measure it. The field has lost 10% of it's strength. Scientists are decidedly divided as to what why and how that is happening.
The only other thing proven is, where I live the Solstice is producing shorter days on the summer and longer days on the winter by about 1 second every 10 years. This signifies a shift in the magnetic field as well. Just so happens to coincide with the same % of the temperature changes .ooo1%
WHat they don't tell you is that the last administration moved a bunch of ocean weather stations around specifically colder water stations to deep basins that warm significantly more in summer. They don't change the station number to help signify this which to me is intellectually dishonest. The numbers are not clarified and then used in averages with the expected claims of warming. I one case the avg hi temp was 54. This season that water never hit 52 and was only over 50 11 days. The bouy that was near this water was moved 45 miles NE and the basin hit 71 this year which is low. Normal years it will see 73 and 75 is not unheard of for a week if the wind lays down for that week.

No Global Warming here in Idaho Falls, ID. I sure could use some though!!!
I sell firewood in the winter & I cannot even begin to keep up. It has either been way below zero or snowing hard.
Oh well, I still love Idaho!!!
Thanks, Kirk

Like the FWP telling us that we are seeing less moose because of warmer summer temps and nothing to do with the introduction of wolves during the same period of moose decline.

I think many of the strangling regulations due to the junk science are going to loosen soon. :D

California's severe drought that they may never recover from seems to have ended. Looks like they should start building arks.

I think this warmer cycle is coming to an end just like it did in the 30's.

Steve
Warm summers and mild winters equal higher survival rates of calves; until you add wolves to the mix.

Don't forget the oceans that burp cfc's daily from the process of decomposition that takes place, at a greater rate than we can cause annually. How about the forest fires that they allow to burn dumping all the pollutants into the atmosphere. That's much better than using the timber to build homes etc.

It is absolutely all about globalization and anti capitalism. Bunch of pin heads out there. I hope we are back on the track of reality. Don't give up the good fight.

Steve
Most of the CO2 in the atmosphere is the result of sublimating of CO2 in the oceans. The warmer the oceans become the less CO2 remains in the water and the faster then CO2 levels in the atmosphere rise.

Increases in atmospheric CO2 follow heating, they don't create it.

As human beings there are many things we can do which directly impact our environment negatively but our contribution of CO2 isn't one of them.

All I know is it was 68 today and I ran across another cottonmouth that wanted to bite someone.
Is that suprprising? I've never met a cottonmouth that didn't want to bite someone or something.

One of the more terrifying memories I have from childhood was stumbling into a whole nest of them fishing one day in the early spring several of them chased me over a hundred yards and treed me in the pickup we arrived in.

I discovered that day that they aren't bullet proof.

Warm summers and mild winters equal higher survival rates of calves; until you add wolves to the mix.

Yep. This winter is going to be much harder on them than a summertime that has a mean temp increase of 1*. Add to that wolves that run on top of the snow and kill for fun. I am worried about game populations this year. Just when our numbers were looking good. I was really looking forward to trophy mule deer this year. We will see.

Maybe the snake population is up due to a rise in rodents? Causing more sightings than usual?

Steve

I can let my guard down for a little while. The temps are getting back to normal. It will be in the 30s at night and 40s to the 50s during the day for a week or so. That should keep the snakes in.

Is that suprprising? I've never met a cottonmouth that didn't want to bite someone or something.

One of the more terrifying memories I have from childhood was stumbling into a whole nest of them fishing one day in the early spring several of them chased me over a hundred yards and treed me in the pickup we arrived in.

I discovered that day that they aren't bullet proof.

No, it is not surprising. I have been around them all my life. They want back off very often and will attack, if you get too close. I poked one with a cane fishing pole once. It was all I could do to keep him from getting in the boat. My two friends with me were fixing to let him have the boat just before I got him turned around. LOL:) I was laughing but they did not think it was funny at all. But I want do that again LOL.

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.