Global Warming or not

The question is not global warming or global cooling as they are calling for now. Both of those are cyclic and have been going on for thousands of years. They obviously are caused by many things long before we could have possibly had man made effects.

The issue is calling them "manmade" and trying to implement a bunch of stupid regs that cost trillions that are ineffective and lose any possible effects the first volcano fart.

Lastly, if it is true science, then throw ALL the data out, to all the scientists AND if they agree it is proof of the hypothis. If you hide data, hire a group of global warming cultists who write papers and peer review them only amongst themselves and the EPA refuses to release the information, then that is outright fraud and should be prosecuted.

Yep. This winter is going to be much harder on them than a summertime that has a mean temp increase of 1*. Add to that wolves that run on top of the snow and kill for fun. I am worried about game populations this year. Just when our numbers were looking good. I was really looking forward to trophy mule deer this year. We will see.

Maybe the snake population is up due to a rise in rodents? Causing more sightings than usual?

Steve
Yep, if rattlesnakes are getting fat from high rodent populations you'll see a steady increase in snake populations until they predators overwhelm the prey and both will crash dramatically and very quickly.

We're having a relatively mild winter down here and after three years of wetter and milder than normal years the coyote population has exploded so even though we're having a biblical level invasion of rats this year, the sheer number of coyotes is posing a real and present threat to the cows and calves being born this time of year and it's likely to pose a serious threat to the fawns this year as well.

We have a lot of hawks that migrate through here every fall and winter and when we have ridiculous numbers of rats, mice, rabbits and especially quail they tend to stop and hammer everything hard all winter long instead of continuing on south so it puts a lot more pressure on the prey populations that the coyotes and bobcats would normally rely on.

If we go back into a drought this summer which is all too possible next fall/winter they coyotes and cats will be desperate.

It's a real shame that the liberal nut jobbers ruined the fur market because as the fur industry has died out so has one of the primary things driving predator hunting.

When I was a kid in the late 70's we could get up to 150.00 for a top quality coyote and 300-500.00 for a top end Bobcat Hide. Every high school and college boy in the country where such hunting was legal had a chance to make some serious money through the winter and in doing so, it really kept our predator numbers in check very well.

Good luck with your Moose and Elk calves and remember the 3 S's when the wolves show up.

Where the global warming crowd lose me is this: Archaeolgists are certain most of North America was covered by a large amount of ice for a long period of time. Then around 15000 years ago it thawed and people began populating from East Asia. So what caused it to thaw? No cars, a/c, hairspray etc to blame it on.....It would seem logical that the earth goes through heating/cooling trends with no concern for what we are doing.

Where the global warming crowd lose me is this: Archaeolgists are certain most of North America was covered by a large amount of ice for a long period of time. Then around 15000 years ago it thawed and people began populating from East Asia. So what caused it to thaw? No cars, a/c, hairspray etc to blame it on.....It would seem logical that the earth goes through heating/cooling trends with no concern for what we are doing.
To add to this. Why is the treeline on Greenland 500 miles south of where it was 500 years before the industrial revolution?

Attachments

• cow pack.png
    cow pack.png
    38.3 KB · Views: 59
"Nothing makes sense in California"

What ?? You mean you guys don't have cow fart packs? How can you live with yourselves knowing that you are responsible for killing Mother Earth ?

Cow Fart Regulation Passed Into California Law « CBS San Francisco

Yeah I was gonna mention that it was probably woolly mammoth farts that thawed all that ice 15k years ago. Idiots abound in this state, really from Willows North it is a different state and we need to be separate. But that will never happen

We've been through several "interglacial periods" just like the one we're experiencing right now and we remain within the same temp and CO2 levels that were reached at the same points during each of them.

Warmer weather means that there's more arable lands in the northern and far southern hemisphere and more rain to sustain more crops for growing human populations.

The real threat to humanity is that we will almost certainly go back into another ice age sooner rather than later. When it begins the world will be on fire as govt's and people fight over the ever shrinking arable lands and clean water that remains.

Sadly...Yes. That's how far off the deep end California has gone.
Actually central and southern California at best, as I said before, from around williams/willows North it really is a separate state....And yes Gov Moonbeam is doing everything he can to tank the state economy, in just the last few years we lost a billion dollar Toyota or Honda plant--don't remember which it was and of course he drove Tesla to Nevada. Now he's after agriculture....
California's New Cow Fart Regulations Totally Stink - Hit & Run : Reason.com

Actually central and southern California at best, as I said before, from around williams/willows North it really is a separate state....And yes Gov Moonbeam is doing everything he can to tank the state economy, in just the last few years we lost a billion dollar Toyota or Honda plant--don't remember which it was and of course he drove Tesla to Nevada. Now he's after agriculture....
As long as the big money is in LA he and most other pol's in CA will continue to attack everything else that isn't "green" in their decidedly leftwing opinions.

Then why doesn't someone beat Moonbeam's *** and send him packing and find someone else that has their state's best interest at heart?

Been to NorCal, rode around Alcatraz in SF bay, and walked Pier 39, even ran the Golden Gate Bridge end-to-end, and back... But there was too much messed-up stuff I saw there that made me never want to live anywhere near that state. And knowing the political climate, I'm a polar-opposite of what keeps getting elected and turning your state blue...

Then why doesn't someone beat Moonbeam's *** and send him packing and find someone else that has their state's best interest at heart?

Been to NorCal, rode around Alcatraz in SF bay, and walked Pier 39, even ran the Golden Gate Bridge end-to-end, and back... But there was too much messed-up stuff I saw there that made me never want to live anywhere near that state. And knowing the political climate, I'm a polar-opposite of what keeps getting elected and turning your state blue...
Because the state is overwhelmingly blue. San Francisco and LA County basically dictate everything to the rest of the state.

"Been to NorCal, rode around Alcatraz in SF bay, and walked Pier 39, even ran the Golden Gate Bridge end-to-end, and back..." LOL. Umm you were NOT in Northern California, although you were in what could have been one of the top 5 worst places to visit in Ca.

I grew up outside of Redding and it is a sportsmans paradise. Trophy rainbow trout fishing in the middle of down town Redding, Blacktail and Mule deer, black bear, wild pig, and turkey hunting all around us. Google Trinity Alps Wilderness, Marble Mountains Wilderness, California Russian Wilderness to name a very few.

As to voting out Gov Moonbeam: Our state is controlled by the bay area(7.65 million) and Southern Ca (LA area 18.2 million, San Diego 3.3 million) population centers. In a state of about 38 million a little over 29 million live in those three urban areas alone, and A LOT of them want free stuff.
There have been several efforts to split the state, but that will go nowhere. Ever seen "The Hunger Games"? The capital was dependent on everyone elses natural resources and made up all the rules....Kinda like that. We have the majority of the water, significant agriculture and of course timber. The State legislature is almost entirely Democrat, so they would never provide the majority vote to split the state. In my 46 years I have seen our way of life continue to be diminished to the point that in just a few more years I will flee the state. Those of you still reading this and shaking your heads saying this will never happen in your state, well take a look at AZ, TX, ID and MT and how liberal idiots have gotten footholds there.

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.