Global Warming or not

Tnwhip

I don't know about Global Warming but is has been a warm winter. It has been in the 60s and 70s a lot this Janurary, here in west TN. I was coyote hunting down by the creek and I ran across two Cottonmouth in the trail. Glad I was paying attention. Makes me think twice about walking in the dark without a light when it is warm.. They both wanted to bite me. It they hadn't moved and had their mouth open where I could see their white mouth I would not have seen them in time.
[/URL
[URL=http://s74.photobucket.com/user/tnwhip/media/Hunting/2017-01-21%2016.09.00_zps1jpsiwpo.jpg.html]

I was at the range yesterday, 61 degrees here in Ohio.
I was swatting honeybees... Flies were everywhere as well..
I believe we might be in for a big surprise....

I walk about a half of a mile along a branch to my deer blind by the creek. My farm is about 12 miles north of Savannah TN. The last few seasons some days have been so warm I walk with my red flashlight beam on looking out for serpents for that very reason !
I'm glad you got him ! Not the other way around.

Also we've had armadillos down there for several years now, I guess they followed the fire ants up from Mexico ??

Growing up down there we never had them.

Attachments

• 20161225_090251.jpg
    20161225_090251.jpg
    473 KB · Views: 56
  • 20161225_095829.jpg
    20161225_095829.jpg
    443.6 KB · Views: 57
I don't know about Global Warming but is has been a warm winter. It has been in the 60s and 70s a lot this Janurary, here in west TN. I was coyote hunting down by the creek and I ran across two Cottonmouth in the trail. Glad I was paying attention. Makes me think twice about walking in the dark without a light when it is warm.. They both wanted to bite me. It they hadn't moved and had their mouth open where I could see their white mouth I would not have seen them in time.
[/URL
[URL=http://s74.photobucket.com/user/tnwhip/media/Hunting/2017-01-21%2016.09.00_zps1jpsiwpo.jpg.html]

They had just come out of their den. They were covered in a thin coating of mud.

Also we've had armadillos down there for several years now, I guess they followed the fire ants up from Mexico ??

Growing up down there we never had them.
yea another one of my pass times . Shooting dillos. We shot 22 one day a couple of years ago, riding around a 2000 acre farm after a week of hard freeze and it warmed up in the 50s. They were out all day long. Guess they got hungry. You ever buy anything from Burts there in Savanna. My good friend Dennis. owns the store.

The sound a dillo makes when a 300gr SMK going about 2650 hits them is epic. Sounds like an M-80.

yea another one of my pass times . Shooting dillos. We shot 22 one day a couple of years ago, riding around a 2000 acre farm after a week of hard freeze and it warmed up in the 50s. They were out all day long. Guess they got hungry. You ever buy anything from Burts there in Savanna. My good friend Dennis. owns the store.

Yes I am very familiar with Burts , I played for Burt's t-ball team when I was little. LOL

The sound a dillo makes when a 300gr SMK going about 2650 hits them is epic. Sounds like an M-80.

Yeah, they POP !
Got mine in those pics with a 6AI 105 vld at 3360fps. So much fun. The one in the pic that was inside out was at 280 yards and it was louder than the closser one.

Yeah, they POP !
Got mine in those pics with a 6AI 105 vld at 3360fps. So much fun. The one in the pic that was inside out was at 280 yards and it was louder than the closser one.
Yep the ones at longer distances sound better. I run electronic muffs and love the pops and splats they let you hear.

No signs of global warming here, haven't gotten above freezing in better than a month, snow from a month ago is still powder and deep and a lot of 20 below mornings in a row, saw 57 below wind chill this year.

It's a warmer than average winter, we've had them before and we'll have them again.

The only thing I hate about it is that all we need is a couple of days with highs in the sixties for the rattlesnakes to start moving away from the dens in search of a mid winter snack.

I love global warming !!! 50-65 in the mountains of PA with no snow on the ground !!! I say fire up the coal boilers...remove the emission controls...can't wait to plant palm trees !!!!!!!

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.