Final opinions

Cajuncoonazz

Well im about to break down and get a scope. Just wanting some last minute opinions on a pure hunting scope with longest shots being 500-600 yds. Looking for a scope great in low light conditions and a Ballistic Turret. Thanks guys

What price range? I have a Vortex 6-24x50mm PST FFP MOA with a custom turret. $950 + about $100 for the custom turret.

joseph

What price range? I have a Vortex 6-24x50mm PST FFP MOA with a custom turret. $950 + about $100 for the custom turret.

joseph

.......Just don't tell him you need a dolly to haul it around...:)

I have one too and it's darn heavy. besides, for a 600 yard maximum shot range, 24 on the high end is a bit much.

Well i currently have a vx-3 4.5-14x50. But really want a scope with ballistic turrets. As far as price range up to 2000

Huskemaw 5x20 Blue Diamond or Nightforce G7 5.5x22. I use both and they are superb, with comparable optic quality and a precise and reliable turret system. The Huskemaw is lighter, more compact, and about $700 less. The Nightforce has a much heavier construction, but the weight and size is not very carry friendly, if that's important. Both have nice reticle designs with 1 MOA windage divisions, but the NF also has a ballistic scale built into the vertical Reticle calibrated to 600 yards. The designer of both scopes, Skip Davidson, has put a lot of thought into these scopes which results in a very efficient hunting design, particularly if you use turrets.

Thanks everyone!! The only thing i noticed in all scope besides the z5 is that there are no just plan reticles thats more what im looking for a BAlistic ret

If you are looking for something with a plain reticle, check these out:

Zeiss: Conquest (good), Conquest Duralyt (better), Diavari (best)

Leica: ER series not the old "Leicapolds"

Swarovski (I would recommend Z5 or Z6 but that's just me)

(listed in no particular order of course)

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.