VX3HD opinions

I own 4 with the Illuminated Twilight Hunter. Great hunting scope for the money. Limited elevation adj, but they are on rifles that are for 500yds and in. I have 3 VX5HD and 3 VX6. To my discerning eyes I cannot tell the difference between the glass on the five and six. I think the six is more expensive due to different power ranges and the digital leveling capability . bottom line if you're using it for a hunting rifle, 500 yards and in… then it's hard to beat the VX3 HD.
Same glass in 5 and 6. I asked.

They don't seem impressive to me. They're pretty much the same VXiii that they've been selling for decades. Yes the glass has been improved significantly over the years. The erectors aren't the most reliable for dialing. But 3x zoom? Hardly any decent scopes are only 3x these days. I do love that they are USA assembled. I think Leupold is getting behind in the game.

Most any decent scope these days has adequate glass for a hunting rifle, even low light. Binos, spotter, sure for identifying game, alpha glass is great. After that, to put a crosshair on an animal doesn't not require premium glass. Reliability/repeatability is significantly more important.

I think they're good for the $$. I put 4.5-14x40 side focus / wind plex / 30mm on both of my kids rifles. I've also got the same on another rifle. I think the cds is great and I like the simplicity of the wind plex. I do prefer a finer reticle for longer ranges. I've got 3 VX5's and a VX6 with the Impact 29 reticle and I really don't want to use anything else.

Leupold makes great scopes. But they are a ****** company if you are a small home based FFL. They won't allow you to purchase wholesale. I Quit pushing their optics to many other good ones out there

They are great scopes - based on the limited experience I have. Though, I wish that they had models that were not the CDS-ZL.

I have a few squirrel rifles that I'm looking for basic, sleek scopes. Historically I've used the VX3s. CDS-ZL is far excessive to the needs. I realize I could sell the coupon if needed, but would rather have the simple cover turret.

Get the best scope you can afford, a cheap scope will make a good rifle shoot poorly but a good scope will make an average rifle a great shooter. Have to figure a glass into the overall cost of a firearm, most good glass today will cost $1500 and up but it is worth it in the end. What do you think when you see a high end rifle or custom with a cheap scope attached to it. Picture this; why would you put a coat hanger antenna on a $1000 radio and expect the same results as a radio with a good antenna? Happy shooting.

Get the best scope you can afford, a cheap scope will make a good rifle shoot poorly but a good scope will make an average rifle a great shooter. Have to figure a glass into the overall cost of a firearm, most good glass today will cost $1500 and up but it is worth it in the end. What do you think when you see a high end rifle or custom with a cheap scope attached to it. Picture this; why would you put a coat hanger antenna on a $1000 radio and expect the same results as a radio with a good antenna? Happy shooting.
Agree to a point. I can afford a $3K dollar scope, but i am not going to put it on a cartridge/gun that is mostly used for 300 yards and in. Save your money and shoot more from field positions.