Opinions wanted

I like Burris, they have one of the best lens coating procedures. Their Customer Service is top notch.

March, Tangent Theta or similar. May not happen at all, but I only have one bolt gun so I'm being overly picky.

I have a Burris Signature HD 5-25x50 with Burris Ballistic E3 MOA reticle, mounted on my 6mm AI rodent rifle. It's a good fit for shooting rodents, 2nd FP, rudimentary reticle with access to Burris reticle calculator gives reasonable reticle solutions for various loads & power settings. Optics are quite good at 25X, tube is 30mm & fits on long action rifle (M77 MKII LA). No zero stop on E3 MOA reticle version. Burris warranty is OK. No sunshade available. See rodents real good in bad light with illuminated reticle (lit up + in center 1 MOA). Priced real good at SWH, about 50% of normal with sale price & promotion certificate. Made in China.

No info on others.

Looking for a new scope for hunting and target shooting. I'm interested in the following:
Burris Eliminator V
Burris Signature HD 5-25x50
Vortex Strike Eagle 5-25x56
Vortex Razor LHT 4.5-22x50

I know it's a pretty subjective question, but which one do you feel is the best bang for the buck?

Thanks
If you hunt in cold weather take off the eliminator! The other 3 are definitely up to you!

Thanks everyone for the comments. I fully understand my list was lower end of mid-tier rifle scopes, but I needed a quick gap filler until I make my mind up on great glass.

I happened upon a great deal on a Burris Signature HD 5-25x50 and went that route. I've had great luck with my current Burris so thought I'd try out a Signature HD.
ARKEN had a good deal going. Maybe the next build would be worth a look.

Looking for a new scope for hunting and target shooting. I'm interested in the following:
Burris Eliminator V
Burris Signature HD 5-25x50
Vortex Strike Eagle 5-25x56
Vortex Razor LHT 4.5-22x50

I know it's a pretty subjective question, but which one do you feel is the best bang for the buck?

Thanks
We all have different visions and personal preferences. "If" you can put your hands on them, it would be best for you in your decision-making.

Best bang for your buck longrange hunting scope is the Leupold VX5 HD:

-Lightweight
-Clear glass
-Double rotation elevation turret
-Zero stop elevation turret
-CDS
-Great magnification range and objective size
*3-15x44mm
-Side focus
-Performs well on tall target and box tests
-Mils or MOA
-Lifetime warranty

Darn hard scope to beat with these features and price point. I have Kahles, S&B, NF, Razor, and the Lupy VX5 HD is my go to hunting scope. Weight is a big consideration for all my hunting and packing gear.

Just my opinion.

I turned a good friend on to the Burris HD last year before elk season for his 6.5 PRC. He bagged a nice bull here in Idaho at 662 yards like 10 minutes in on opening day. Lucky bastard..

The glass in this optic won't disappoint, the turrets are dead nuts. We ran his rifle out to 1400 yards and back without issue.. Its not the kind of optic that gets any buzz here on the Hide due to its reticle selection.

For your use, this scope would treat you great.

We put through about 300 students a year we sold a lot of scopes and long range rifles we shoot all over the world and in the level two we shoot out to 2006 yards the student shoot out to 1670 so when it comes to scopes nightforce Nx8 for a light gun Trijicon 10 miles are nice, ATACR from nightforce are excellent but heavy the new LRP from Zeis is awesome March scopes are excellent the Khales scopes are great but heavy there's a lot of good scopes in the market but realistically you pay what you get for and the only ones we have issues with that we don't sell or mount on company guns or Customer guns is Swarovski we always end up with backlash on most of them after we run it for a while

Last edited:
Just my 2c here but I have had terrible luck with customer service with Burris, as well as one of the other directors from our club. I have sent the same scope back 3 (yes 3) times for the same issue of not clear and halo around the outer sight picture. they keep putting it on test equipment and telling me theres no problem. That being said I have had about 10 people at the club look through this scope ages from 14 to 64 and everyone agrees that its terrible. I have tried to explain that to burris and it just falls on deaf ears. so basically I have a $500 paperweight that I can't even in good conciuosness sell.