Opinions wanted: Nightforce MOAR-C

phlegm

Does anyone have any feedback on the new MOAR-C in the NX8s?

csm_MOAR-CF2_16869cc827.png

I recently purchased a 2.5-20x50 NX8
With the MOAR CF2 reticle. I Have used NF with the MOAR reticle & it is one of my favorites. My first impression of the CF2 is:
1) the floating dot may work well for mid range hunting & be fairly quick to acquire.
2) the reticle as a whole is simple & un cluttered.
3) I like that the illumination is for the dots only & not the entire reticle.
4) for target work or extended range hunting one may prefer the cross hair lines over the dot. Crosshairs are handy if you dissect the target or hold horizontally and vertically to grid lines etc.
A circle may work well also by centering dot over circle or centered in a square or dissecting the dot with the target grid lines. Or picking a spot.
I'm looking forward to trying this New reticle This hunting season. It may work well for the hunting distances I'm comfortable with.

Last edited:
... I like it..... looks like .... nice reticle... The Sightron III 6-24x50mm LR have almost this same reticle .... and it works well...... for me.... I like it better then the nightforces I have with the MOAR and NPR 1... Not the entire scope just the reticle... Although for a cheaper long range scope there is nothing wrong with these sightrons

It's a matter of personal preference and shooting style. I have used both NF reticle styles , the difference being the "Floating Center Dot". I personally prefer the "Center Crosshair" design for LR hunting. I find it much easier and intuitive to "focus" on a center crosshair over the very small, fine dot which tends to put the dot and game on the "same, two dimensional plane" in the sight picture. Some shooters can do fine, with this, and, it can be fast, and work OK for PRS competition/targets, but I find that my accuracy/precision for "long range'" game shooting suffers with the center-dot design. The simplicity and "lack of busyness" of the NF MOAR/MOAR-T reticles continue to be my personal preference in a hunting reticle. Perhaps I'm the "Old Dog" that .......................🙄

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.